We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon buses

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lagoon buses

Some hotels have a courtesy bus laid on to the private beaches around the lagoon. Last year we went to Suara beach. It was great and we had free sunbeds and shades with no hassle. We are staying at the Tropicana this year. Does anyone know which beach their bus goes to and are the beds free?

NW UK
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
reviews: 51
1. Re: Lagoon buses

Hi Mike

you may be getting slightly mixed up but I'll explain the way it works as bset as I can.

Club Sun City Hotel have a totally private section of the lagoon beach ( furthest part ) and therefore they have a shuttle bus to and fro every hour or so.

The other hotels simply ring up the non private beach owners ( Suara, Bobs etc ) at request form anybody wanting to go there -and they then send down a minibus to pick you up and return you free of charge. However you do ( by choice - you can always lie your the beach towel etc ) pay for a sunbed/ parasol at around £2 per day. Don't get me wrong there may be some deals with certain hotels where the deal is free use but none I have stayed at.

The beach owners obviouly try to make some money from you being there, buying drinks, food, renting sunbeds, hiring boats etc.

It's all good stuff, I do it several times every time I am there, but I tend to visit each one for an hour so, ( I can't keep still! )so don't bother with the beds.

Tropicana will simply ring the beach for you and you will be picked up free and returned, so there you go!

Have a great holiday.

2. Re: Lagoon buses

thanks Codfather, I enjoy reading your comments.

We stayed at the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel last year. They had a small coach (about 20 seats) that went to Suara beach each morning and afternoon. On arrival we were directed to a section containing about 20-30 sunbeds. This area was also used by several other hotels, also free of charge, who arrived in transport provided by them.

There was of course a section for other independent visitors who were charged for sunbeds.

I just assumed that the Tropicana had a similar arrangement with one of the beaches for free sunbeds.

derby
reviews: 3
3. Re: Lagoon buses

hi codfather, we are staying at st nicholas park in hisaronu, do you know if they can send a free bus here for sugar beach or do you have to get this from help bar.. thanks julie

NW UK
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
4. Re: Lagoon buses

Hi

the free bus service really only covers Oludeniz. However a few years back I had an offer of a pick up for the next day after I dad visited the beach- so just ask, but I think a good tip would be in order if they travelled up there. Are you sure there is no shuttle bus service from the hotel? The least you will get is a lift to thge main Olu bus terminal near ish the Help bar ( Did you mean Cruesos that's the one next to bus terminal in Olu )

Regards

derby
reviews: 3
5. Re: Lagoon buses

hi, yes there is a free bus that takes us down to genc beach which belongs to st nicholas, so I suppose I could just ask them to drop us off before we get to their beach, and then walk to help bar to pick up bus to sugar beach, I thought help bar was connected to sugar beach, is there a bus stop that I should be looking for then.. sorry just want to make sure I find it this time..thanks julie

NW UK
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
6. Re: Lagoon buses

Hi again

sorry but you have got me really mixed here!

Sugar beach bar ( on the lagoon )is owned by Help bar but is a 15 walk away or short bus ride?

I have never heard of Genc beach sorry, maybe they have a small area of the beaches on the lagoon?

If you hv a look through my posts there is a lot of info re the different beaches at Oludeiz.

Regards

7. Re: Lagoon buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 27, 2009