We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in kalekoy?

Which Demre (Kale) hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 33
where to stay in kalekoy?

My husband and I would like to spend a night or 2 in Kalekoy instead of just visiting on a day trip. Any recommendations on the best pension with access to sea kayaks?

Thanks

London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: where to stay in kalekoy?

What a great idea - Kalekoy (also called Simena) would be an absolutely beautiful place to relax and recharge your batteries - oh, and kayak!!

I have only ever visited there from a gulet - so have never stayed the night, but there are a number of small pansiyons in the village - you could look at the web sites for Simena Pansiyon, Sahil Pension and Ankh Cafe Pansiyon.

I have been many times to Ankh Cafe - they do the most delicious homemade peach and banana ice cream - yum!! Both Ankh and Sahil are just up from the waters edge, with terraces for sunbathing etc, from the photos on their website Simena Pansiyon looks higher up towards the castle. I am sure that all of them would be easily able to arrange kayaking for you (and Ankh say so on their website). Your only problem would be getting there and back - since as far as I know the village can only be accessed by sea, not by road, but they would no doubt be able to arrange to collect you from somewhere like Kas, Ucagiz or even Demre.

I hope this helps!

2. Re: where to stay in kalekoy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Demre (Kale)