We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atlantis hotel

Which Belek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk, england
reviews: 19
atlantis hotel

Has anyone visited the atlantis hotel in Belek - going on 17th October for 2 weeks and wanted to know a little more about the area outside the hotel - what is the local village like? are there any good shops etc.

manchester uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: atlantis hotel

Hi

Sorry havent been to this hotel, have been to belek and enjoyed it as a base to visit other areas. have been thinking of visiting this hotel next month so would be grateful for any info when you get back home. Enjoy your holiday.

Knoxville, Tn
2. Re: atlantis hotel

How was your stay at Atlantis? We are cruising over Christmas holidays with our children and I was considering it for a day excursion. They are 10 and 14. An agent told me you can pay a fee and have day admittance? Are the different exhibits an extra fee (ie. the digs and the aqarium)? Is it worth a days time or would you suggest something else while in port.

Thanks for any info.

London, United...
reviews: 8
3. Re: atlantis hotel

I'm going to the Atlantis in early February so would also be grateful for any information about the area - it looks like it might be a bit out of town?

Cwmbran, South...
4. Re: atlantis hotel

I have just returned from two weeks at the Atlantis Hotel, Belek. The Hotel and facilities were excellent. Unfortunately, the entertainment was not what you would expect for a 5 Star complex. Belek shopping centre which is full of jewellery and clothes shops is quite a distance away but the bus stops directly outside the Hotel. Belek is a golfers paradise and the courses are really good. The weather was brilliant which is normal for this time of the year and shorts and t-shirts were all that were needed during the day. However, in the evening it was chilly so be prepared. Have a good time.

Amsterdam, NL
reviews: 9
5. Re: atlantis hotel

We just returned from a one week stay (1 - 8 Jan.) at the Atlantis. Some impressions: Yes, it is a modern, clean and well-kept hotel. Does it deserve a 5-star rating? I'd say no - and I have to wonder how a hotel gets such a rating. If you went to a 5-star resort in another country, I think you'd find a different level of quality. For example, the rooms had no robes or slippers for guests. There were also no kleenex tissues (or similar) anywhere. No extra pillows either. The towels were of average quality, not plush by any means, and there were very few toiletry accessories you'd fine in a really good hotel elsewhere.

By the way, signs on the toilets request you not to throw anything into the toilet other than your personal waste. This means no used toilet paper, etc. You are supposed to use the trash bin next to the toilet for that.

We had the all-inclusive stay, meaning all drinks (including "local" alcoholic drinks, such as beer, Turish wine, vodka and scotch) and food was provided. (You wear a colored bracelet to show your status.) We tried the vodka and believed it to be watered down. But, hey, you can always ask for more.

The buffet was always plentiful and varied for us. If you want to eat at the ala carte restaurants, book as soon as possible since seats are limited. But I recommend you not choose the Mexican option. You'll likely be very disappointed.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

The spa, or wellness center, is also good but be prepared for many people to be using the facilities. It's very popular. It was always busy when we were there. The massages are recommended. Best we've had in a long time. Prices for a full body started at 50 euros. A bit high for Turkey we thought but then this is supposed to be a 5-star joint.

And speaking of money, just bring euros. We made the error of exchanging money for Turkish lira before arriving only to find it difficult to get rid of them. Folks there prefer euros. And, when we tried to pay with lira, they inflated the exchange rate, making the euro a better deal. Go figure.

As for the beach, pool and such, you should be quite content. Beautiful view, water and clean sand. The pool facilities were ample, too. They were being cleaned when we were there.

There's also a small bowling alley and disco downstairs as well as pool tables and video games at an extra fee.

The nearby town of Belek is there only because of the resort and golf course development, i.e tourists. So don't expect to see authentic, historic Turkey unless you head 20 minutes over to Antalya or rent a car to see the ruins and other unspoiled areas.

If your main desire is to relax, enjoy the sun and beach, golf and sleep, then you should enjoy yourself at any of the resorts in Belek, including the Atlantis.

6. Re: atlantis hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 pm, January 27, 2005
england
7. Re: atlantis hotel

hi suzie 999 how was the atlantis im there in june 2005 .is the food ok can you get a real english brekky or continrntal only. my 7 year old is excitedabout his hols will he be entetained . also my mother in law likes walking will she find it ok there .did you sample resort resturaunts were theygood