We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buss to castle and to aqueduct?

Which Tomar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Vancouver...
reviews: 2
buss to castle and to aqueduct?

Hello:

I am on a cruise ship arriving in Lisbon on Fri Apr 5th at 12 noon. I intend to take train to Tomar. I am 70 yrs old so maybe walking to the castle will be too difficult for me is there a bus or should I take a taxi?

Is there a bus to the aqueduct? I would love to see it around sunset. My ship doesn't leave until 23:00 so I will have time.

Thanks for the info

Carole

4 replies to this topic
Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
1. Re: buss to castle and to aqueduct?

Take a taxi to visit the the Castle and Convent http://www.guiadacidade.pt/en/poi-tomar-17089

To which aqueduct are you reffering? Águas Livres in Lisboa? If so, at Alcantara Terra train station you have bus #713, 751 and 756 that go under the aqueduct via Av de Ceuta. If you don't mind walk it's about 30 min till the aqueduct, from Alcantara cruise terminal (but it's not a very nice neighborhood).

North Vancouver...
reviews: 2
2. Re: buss to castle and to aqueduct?

I was thinking of Pegoes Aqueduct I had read that a trolley was offered for 2 euros which leaves from a church in the city center and takes you out to the aqueducts.

Also just read somewhere that the train from Lisbon to Tomar is not a direct train, can anyone tell me if this is true?

Thank you for your comments

Carole from Vancouver, Canada

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 22
3. Re: buss to castle and to aqueduct?

Trains are direct from Lisbon to Tomar. They leave from the Santa Apolonia station close to the city centre.

here's the timetable

cp.pt/StaticFiles/…lisboa_tomar_lisboa.pdf

Note that it is a two hour journey. These are regional trains, so there are no reservations, advance purchase etc, just allow a few minutes to buy your ticket before departure.

Lisbon
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
reviews: 43
4. Re: buss to castle and to aqueduct?

I have no idea, try to contact the tourist office at Tomar - Opening hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tel. / Fax. (+351) 249 322 427, turismo.tomar@sapo.pt

Reply to: buss to castle and to aqueduct?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted