We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

birthday treat

Which Stellenbosch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 98
birthday treat

Is there anything special I could arrange for my husbands birthday that falls on day 6 of our holiday while we are in Stellenbosch?

McGregor, South...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town
reviews: 103
1. Re: birthday treat

If you both enjoy good food and wine, then have dinner at Rust en Vrede.

South Africa
reviews: 9
2. Re: birthday treat

Hi!

Depends what you like..

I live in Stellenbosch..

What type of scenery, or food or atmosphere do you like?

And, the entire day, or do you only mean like a dinner somewhere?

Edited: 5:44 am, April 09, 2010
3. Re: birthday treat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, April 09, 2010
Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: birthday treat

Thanks,

Yes I guess we will be enjoying the wine anyway. I wondered if there was somewhere special that did picnics or if it is possible to do something like a balloon trip. Where is a really nice place for dinner?

Cape Town
5. Re: birthday treat

I wouldn't plan your day around a picnic as ens of April/early May the weather will be quite variable. Plenty of excellent lunch venues (mostly on wine estates) with indoor/outdoor seating depending on the weather. A quick list to choose from :

Hidden Valley (Overture)

Guardian Peak

Kleine Zalze (Terroir)

Jardines at Jordan

Clos Malverne

Tokara (have been there for my Wife's Birthday three years out of the past 6)

Delaire Graaf

If the weather seemed good on the day Boschendal (although a bit touristy) is a good picnic venue.

If you picked Boschendal or Tokara or delaire - all on the road towards Franschhoek then maybe you would like to look at a few hours at the franschhoek Motor Museum at L'Ormarins Wine Estate.owned by the Rupert family (one of SA's richest families). One of the best Motor Museums I have been to anywhere in the world - and the only one I know which grows wine! http://www.fmm.co.za/

For Dinner I can only echo macsym's comments on Rust en Vrede. Probably the best dinning in the Winelands at the moment. But even at this time of year book soon as possible - especially if the special day is Friday or Saturday : rustenvrede.com/restaurant/about-restaurant

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 143
6. Re: birthday treat

For dinner, as Macsym has already stated, you must eat at Rust en Vrede. We dined there 4 months ago & it was brilliant. As a back up there's always Delaire.

For either, you will need to make an advance reservation.

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: birthday treat

Thanks for your ideas, I shall try to book Rust en Vrede and the motor museum sounds good too.Getting very excited now!

8. Re: birthday treat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 08, 2010