We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Where to stay

Which Knysna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 81
Re: Where to stay

We are staying one night in Kysna and wondered if it was better to stay two nights here and just drive to Port Elizabeth for our flight or is there things to see around Port Elizabeth and on the way? We are flying to Durban, so we would get a afternoon flight as realise it is a 3 hour drive to airport.

Many thanks

I look forward to your reply

Swellendam, South...
reviews: 37
1. Re: Re: Where to stay

There is SO much to see and do around Knysna that I'm inclined to say one night is definitely not enough there, but then you're under a little pressure the next day. Try to make your flight as late as possible in the afternoon if you can.

Have a look at Jeffreys Bay, if you feel like breaking the journey. This is a surfer's paradise, so a lot of the accommmodation and restaurants are geared for that.

Ultimately, it's up to you. If it was me, I would stay the extra night in Knysna.

Hope that helps :) Where are you staying?

xx

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Re: Where to stay

Knysna definitely merits a night more but like Alison I'd be inclined to stay closer to the airport the night before a flight but it's up to yourself.

steamboat springs...
3. Re: Re: Where to stay

Our flight is at 13:30, and we're going to stay the last night in Storms River Mouth which I'm pretty sure is about 1.5 hours from PE Airport. We're planning 2.5 hours for the drive to allow for short stops at Bloukrans Bridge and Jeffreys Bay. Never done it before, but that's our plan.

Kent
4. Re: Re: Where to stay

#3 - Is a great plan.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Re: Where to stay

Agusta Bay is really nice..but I must stress 1 night is just not enough...

We stayed in Knysna for 5nights and found things to do every single day...we even visited Stormy Mouth for a day and drove back to Knysna.

We avoided flying out of PE as it was tooo far and if you look the things to do on the Garden Route...people visit PE only and only if they want to do Cape Safari otherwise its prudent to fly-out of George.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 81
6. Re: Re: Where to stay

Thank you everyone and I will look into this further as haven't booked flights to Durban yet.

Cheers

Tania

7. Re: Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Knysna