We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grootbos Reserve/g

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salzburg, Austria
reviews: 16
Grootbos Reserve/g

Hi there: Does anybody know the Grootbos Reserve? Can you recommend it? I will be there for 2 days or at the Birkenhead in Hermanus.

NYC
reviews: 47
1. Re: Grootbos Reserve/g

hi

when are you going? We will be in Hermanus staying at the Marine on April 6/7th (Grootbos fully booked) but we may avail of their day touring to see the flora and fauna. Will be happy to report back. note that it priced almost the same as Marine (altho' Grootbos includes all meals).

Johannesburg
2. Re: Grootbos Reserve/g

Two very different properties....but both amazing and outstanding.

Grootbos being a nature reserve it offer more activities, you get to do and see more and is really pretty. the accommodation is not as luxurious as Birkenhead, but the food is great the nature is great and the beach is wonderful.

Birkenhead.....well this is just decadant, you are overfed, over cared for and over loved, it is amazing, it is a hotel, you eat, sleep , tan, relax and watch whales.

Birkenhead is closer to Hermanus and I loved exploring the tiny shops and the whole area. the cliff walks are exceptional!

Muscat Governorate...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Grootbos Reserve/g

Grootbos is fabulous! Had 3 nights there in 2006, lovely chalet type accomm, double storey, really top notch. Lots to do IF you want to....from gentle walks, to horse riding....we also did the small plane experience over the coastline - amazing! Food was very good, I think you had to pay for alcohol but of course prices much better than UK or Middle East where I live!

We are off to Birkenhead House this June, can't wait!

4. Re: Grootbos Reserve/g

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hermanus