We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best wind month in Hermanus

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria
reviews: 4
Best wind month in Hermanus

Hi Hermanus experts

During which months should (the seaside town of) Hermanus be avoided if you are not fond of strong wind?

Some people say November to March is windy season in the Cape, others reckon August is quite bad.

What about early October in Hermanus?

Many thanks

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
1. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

Weather along the coast is not predictable, like it is on the highveld.

The second half of the year is generally the windy time along the coast. The actual month(s) vary from year to year. August is generally the most miserable, because, if the wind does blow, it is usually accompanied by rain. Unfortunately, the wind and the whales are pretty much there at the same time. So, if you want to see the one, you have to risk the other

This year Port Elizabeth has had the least windy November and December I can ever remember, but January, usually a nice month, hasn't been great thus far. Here's hoping things improve.

Pretoria
2. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

Thanks Lamlee

Ps. I enjoyed your thorough explanation of a braai. if you don't get at after reading your post, you won't ever get it

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 43
3. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

My house is right across the bay from Hermanus and I've been in it every month one year or another. Seems like May, June are calmer. October, yes, it can be quieter then.

Edited: 6:28 pm, January 04, 2011
Pretoria
4. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

Thanks dave. We really would not want to go in winter ( May, June) . So October it is then.

Hermanus, South...
5. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

Having lived in Hermanus for the past 11 years, I find March by far the best month weatherwise. The only drawback is that the whales won't be here then!

Edited: 8:29 am, May 05, 2011
6. Re: Best wind month in Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 15, 2012