We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
reviews: 1
Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

My husband and I are planning a trip to South Africa at the end of December and would greatly appreciate any restuarant recommendations for Cape Town (2 nights) and Franschhoek (5 nights). Heard the food is amazing in both locales and want to take advantage! Doesn't have to be fancy; we just love great food. Thanks in advance!

London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

"Le Quartier Francais" in Franschhoek has received numerous awards and has been voted one of the Top 50 restaurants in the world (2005 Restaurant Magazine UK).

I haven't been there myself, but I'm sure it's worth a try!

www.lequartier.co.za

UK
reviews: 7
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

We were in Franschhoek for 2 nights earlier this month and had an excellent meal at La Petite Ferme (beautiful setting and is nearby as its just up the road from the Huegunot monument). We also had a very nice meal at the French Connection Bistro (on the main street). In different leagues of course LPF Premier and FCB First Division but we like both - also they were both very busy and booking was essential.

Cape Town
reviews: 53
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

The cafe and restaurant at Boschendal wine estate are both decent.

Ipswich, United...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations - Cape Town, Franschhoek

The Cape Town Ritz hotel rotating restaurant at Sea Point is a real treat. We saved it for our last night in the city, and arrived in time for sunset. The views are spectacular, though wierdly you can't see table mountain. The whole rotating thing, complete with cocktail pianist, is a bit 70's but fun and quite an experience. The food was great (by my standards) the kingklip, the best fish I've ever eaten, and was very reasonably priced too - 3 courses and wine for R400 or so, the same last weekend in Norwich, UK was £95!

Book though, it took us two tries (first and last nights) to get a table.

Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Hermanus