We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Which Hermanus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brentwood Essex
Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Hoping to stay in Hermanus in August for one or two nights. I have two children one aged 9, the other 14. Could any one suggest a hotel or B&B which would welcome us. We would prefer a family room.

Many Thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 43
1. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Here's a site with a few dozen B&B's and Guest Houses, with photos, descriptions, prices. Divide the rand price by 14 and you will have good approximation of the price in pounds. Something walking distance to town might be good since you have the children with you. I like places in town or on the east side of town better. Why? Some random muggings along the seafront on the west side. Not on the site is the Windsor Hotel, right in town.

London, United...
reviews: 77
2. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Hello,

Take a look at the Portfolio Collection website -- there is a function which will allow you to search for family friendly places.

http://www.portfoliocollection.com

I spent a month and a half in SA staying in Portfolio properties and was never disappointed.

Another option is Blue Gum Country Estate in Stanford, a bit outside Hermanus.

http://www.bluegum.co.za/

Cheers,

Julian

London, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

www.fernklooflodge.co.za/ or

www.hermanusbedandbreakfast.com/

Hermanus
4. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Try www.hermanusbedandbreakfast.com. Milkwood Lodge. Situated close to the beaches and cliff path so you can walk there. Try to book the luxury cottage which is fully equipped, breakfast is included and you have loads of space. The garden is huge and there is a swimming pool. Stayed there with my family who came to visit from the UK and it was really great.

They have a family room as well with two double beds but it is really great to have the cottage where the kids have seperate beds in the lounge/living room. There is so much to do in that area - whale watching, fabulous beaches, penguins at Betty's Bay and for the brave at heart of course the Great White shark tours. THere is also Dyer Island cruises which is great for a family. I would definitely recommend at least 3 nights.

Enjoy

Brentwood Essex
5. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Thank you ALL for your advise. The whole family is really excited about visiting South Africa, we can hardly wait for August. Bye for now.

Hermanus
reviews: 1
6. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

Try Abalone Guest Lodge as theu are situated on the cliff path and do accomodate children. www.abalonelodge.co.za

7. Re: Hotel/BB suitable for children in Hermanus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 01, 2009