We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

Which Constantia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

Hello, we are coming for our honeymoon and were thinking about spending a week at the Steenberg. We would like to see Cape Town, the wineries and the shore line. Is the Steenberg/Constantia a good location to do everything? We hear its a beautiful place...

5 replies to this topic
Cape Town
reviews: 1
1. Re: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

It is about 30 minutes drive to Cape Town so not so convenient for exploring the city but it is in a wine area (on a wine estate) with lots of VERY good restaurants fairly close by (two on the estate itself).

It is also quite close to False Bay which has beaches where the water is warm enough to swim (if you are comming in Summer that is).

Mark September

Small World Tours

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 159
2. Re: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

It's a lovely area & there are some fabulous restaurants all around. Try the Harbour House in Kalk Bay. Also nearby the Cape Point winery does the most wonderful lunchtime picnics............we were there only last week!

Have a wonderful honeymoon & a happy marriage.

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
3. Re: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

Hi there

Steenberg is a fantastic place to stay at. The only problem that you will have is transport which i will suggest that your rent a car for the duration of your stay. The other factor that you have to keep in mind is when you want to get from Steenberg to Cape Town in the morning between 6am and 9am, because then you will be stuck in traffic and then back in the afternoon from round about 3pm and 6pm from the City back to Steenberg. The other best part of it, that it puts you closer to the False Bay Coast line. Closer to Cape Point with Cape of Good Hope, The Penguins at Bolders Beach and also some really good restaurants along the way. A little out of the way to get to the Wine Lands but easy travel along the coastline to get to Stellenbosch.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Western Cape, Cape Town Central
reviews: 331
4. Re: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

Hi

I stayed 1 night at Steenberg on my last visit. I could have definitely staed a week. It is not in central Cape Town, but on the edge of Constantia and Tokai.

I would always recommend a car in Cape Town. It makes getting around much easier. However they do run a shuttle bus to the Waterfront a few times a day.

As alreasy said, there are 2 excellent restaurants on the estate - Cathrinas and Bistro 1682. They have also just opened up a champagne bar - I can't wait to try it in November

It would be a beautiful hotel to spend your honeymooon. The service was exceptional and the rooms wonderful. They upgraded us to a suite with our own terrace out onto the vines.

Breakfast was excellent too, including champagne!

Just book it!

Lisa

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 101
5. Re: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?

If Lisa says its good then it must be.

Reply to: Is staying at the Steenberg too far from Cape Town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Constantia