We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Cape Town

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg
New Year in Cape Town

Hi,

what is recommended for New Year in Cape Town?

We are staying in Hout Bay, anything going on there or do you recommend to go to Camps Bay or Waterfront? The traffic must be terrible during New Year, how long time can it take from Hout Bay to Camps Bay? Are there some shows on the beach on New Year?

Can you recommend a restaurant for a family with a 1 year old baby ?

Cheers,

Mikael

Cape Town, South...
reviews: 1
1. Re: New Year in Cape Town

Hi,

Before getting on to the pleasant subject of New Year, I came upon this warning and thought I'd pass the link on to you so that you can have a care about where you swim, stay away from the area mentioned:

houtbay.org.za/RAHB/…Chronicle-0611.htm

NEW YEAR'S EVE CONCERT AT KIRSTENBOSCH

31 December

http://www.capetowntoday.co.za/Music/Live_Performance/2006/KFm_New_Year's_Eve_party.htm

SIMON'S TOWN NEW YEAR'S PARTY

31 December

Music, food stalls, and loads of fun.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find anything in particular on in Hout Bay, hopefully someone else on the forum may know.

There are a couple of other events I posted about in reply to other queries on New Year if you go to page two on the forum, but mostly in Waterfront, Sea Point and Camps Bay.

2. Re: New Year in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 13, 2009