We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

Any recommendations for seating at Madame Zingara's? It will just be two of us, and we'd like to enjoy the show.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

When I went it wasn't that huge. I didn't take note of any seating that looked problematic.

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

Many thanks for your response. They seem to have a number of different seating levels with corresponding differences in prices. Didn't know if any seating tiers were substantially better than others enough to justify the price difference.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

There are two tiers and accordingly two different price ranges. However the tiers are not like those in a theatre. The set out is an array of tables, as one would find in any restaurant. The restaurant is set out in two circles, the outer circle (which is cheaper) is raised, and the inner circle (which is more expensive) is a slightly lower level.

I personally found that it was worth paying the extra money for the better seats. Although there is not that much of a difference in terms of the distance you are from the stage whether you are seated in the inner or the outer ring, as both are pretty close to the stage, the concern with the outer ring is that there are a number of pillars, and if you happen to get a bad spot, you could be craning your neck around a pillar to see.

I would thus recommend paying the extra cost to sit at a table in the inner circle (closer to the stage) as you will have a completely open view. I did, and when I got there, I was glad.

It is a thoroughly entertaining show and many people get quite dressed up in fancy hats, feather boas and the like.

Enjoy!

Level Contributor
68 posts
4. Re: Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

We sat in outer tier at table for 2. Could see everything clearly. All action is on a raised stage in centre of tent. It's amazing what they manage to do in such a small space.

Enjoy the show. It's worth every cent.

5. Re: Seating for Madame Zingara's Theater of Dreams

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 29, 2014