We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north east england
Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

Hi we have booked our first trip to Cape Town , flying Xmas day , we are spending just over. Two weeks there , we love to golf , just wondered which courses where close by and any advice on costs etc and how far in advance should we book

Many thanks

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

There is loads of beautiful golf courses, in which area will you be staying? As it is over school and christmas holidays I suggest you book in advance. WE are playing at Champagne sport resort in the Drakensberg December and I plan on booking about two weeks - month ahead. Don't know if you can book any further in advance, maybe someone else can help, I still new to the game (-:

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

A few courses i can recommend: Metropolitan Golf Course(Mouille Point - next to the Cape Town Stadium), Atlantic Beach Golf Estate(Blouberg Strand), Milnerton Golf Estate(Milnerton), Steenberg Golf Estate(Steenberg Wine Estate), Clovelly Golf Estate(Clovelly), De Zalze Golf Estate(Stellenbosch), Erinvale Golf Estate(Somerset West), Pearl Valley Golf Estate(Close to Paarl), Arabella Golf Estate(Close to Hermanus). All of these estates are within a range of between 20mins and 1hr30mins from the City Center of Cape Town. Brilliant courses and with really great views.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

South Africa
reviews: 14
3. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

If you have two weeks, you may want to consider a short visit to the Garden Route. Apart from the beautiful scenery, this region is the golf capital of South Africa with some of the country's most famous courses (Fancourt, Oubaai, Pezula, Simola, Pinnacle Point, etc). During Christmas and New Year you will not get a tee off time unless you book in advance, so yes definitely book at least a month in advance. You will also pay higher green fees during this time, it differs from course to course but expect anything between ZAR 300 and ZAR 1000 a round, maybe more at some of the top courses.

Enjoy!

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

shropshire
reviews: 28
4. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

My husband is a very keen golfer, and have been to Cape Town many times.

His choice would be Clovelly, Steenberg and Milnerton, but you will be spoilt for choice.

Hermanus is also another of his favourites.

Enjoy your holiday.

sydney australia
reviews: 62
5. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

We played Steenburg in may. It is a private course and I'd say booking would be essential. Jaques Kallas and Francis Botha are members here.

Very flat course and extremely easy to walk. A caddy was compulsory for at least one golfer in the group. He will carry the bag and mainly only helps the person he is carrying the bag for. Keep in mind the caddy amount is extra and works as follows. You pay a R20 management fee at the pro shop before playing at half way you give the caddy R20 and at the end of the game another R150 + tip depending on how good they were. Being summer it will be busy so i probably email the course now and ask them when they take bookings and ask the cost.

They have really fantastic par 3's check out images of the par 3 7th an island green surrounded by water also have a look at the par 3 14th.

Beautiful course and picturesque, surround by mountains and in a wine field.

6. Re: Golf info for our first Cape Town visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 22, 2014