We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
reviews: 15
V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

I will be visiting Cape Town in July (can't wait!). We are staying at Dock House at the V & A Waterfront, but our plane doesn't land until 8.10 so it's going to be quite a while before we can grab any dinner. Are any of the waterfront restaurants likely to be open late? Also, if so, is the area busy then? We're two women on our own and don't want to be wandering around a deserted area. Thanks in advance!

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
1. Re: V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

Dock House is stone throw away from the center part of the Waterfront. With a 5min walk you can still reach many of the restaurants yes they are still open till late. Late is about 10pm or even some till about 11pm. Depending also of the crowd in the restaurant and if the people are still ordering. With a domestic arrival(i assume) at 8pm, you will not need to go through customs and will easily be out of the Airport at 08:30pm. The drive to the Waterfront will take roughly about 30mins and you will be there at say 21:00. Checking into your room and maybe change into something else will take another 30mins to 40mins. Head down to the Waterfront, 5min walk and enjoy a late night dinner. Keep in mind, this can all happen if the flight lands on time @ 08:00pm.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Auckland
2. Re: V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

Thanks Hank - exactly what I needed to know!

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 60
3. Re: V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

The Dock House is a beautiful choice!

If it gets too hectic for you and you prefer to relaxe at the hotel you can make a prior arrangement for their private chef to prepare something for you.

Regards

Michelle - Owner - Cape Town Guide

Auckland
4. Re: V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

Wow! Thanks Michelle! Sounds a bit fancy, but I will definitely bear it in mind:).

5. Re: V & A Waterfront restaurants - open late?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, June 26, 2014