We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Township tours

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester, uk
reviews: 171
Township tours

any suggestion for 'best' township tour half day or full day? Is there one that goes to District 6 museum and a few different townships?

1. Re: Township tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, March 11, 2013
manchester, uk
2. Re: Township tours

I'm in my 60s and dont think i'm fit enough enough for a bike tour! There are plenty of links in other posts to township tours but links either are redundant or the site you get to doesnt seem to have been updated for years. i want to see a bit of township life without feeling i'm just a voyeur / zoo visitor

Edited: 3:55 pm, March 10, 2013
north yorkshire
reviews: 100
3. Re: Township tours

Look at Hylton Ross - half day tour includes one township and district 6 museum

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 77
4. Re: Township tours

We have booked with Camissa Tours, www.gocamissa.co.za for April. They answered my emails very promptly and have been very easy to book with.

Cape Town
5. Re: Township tours

Hi I am not sure if you said Sally's site had broken links. I'll kick her back side ;-) She's a lovely lady with great intent.

AWOL also does a walking township tour that is realistic of township life, She is also part of Fair Trade, and she is involved with charities in the township, etc and proceeds go back to community etc. http://awoltours.co.za/

Regards

Johan Horak

CapeHolidays Info and Accommodation Agency

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 21
6. Re: Township tours

Hi kuepper

Follow this Tripadvisor link for different operators of which some specialize in Township Tours

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g312659-Activiti…

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 44
7. Re: Township tours

I can also recommend Camissa Tours for a proper township tour.

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

manchester, uk
8. Re: Township tours

thanks everyone whos replied to this

Cape Town, Western...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Township tours

Please give AWOL Tours a chance to show you MasiP township.

They are fair trade accredited and dedicated to responsible tourism practices.

AWOL provides a realistic and authentic experience either on foot or by bike as per your preference. This tour is dedicated to empowering the community and providing a safe vibrant uniquely South African experience.

10. Re: Township tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:26 am, April 28, 2013