We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hurdle1
Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

We will be in Cape Town for 5 nights to start our Hobeymoon in April 2014, trying to decide if we should stay on the Waterfront or Camps Bay.

What will the weather be like beginning of April? We don't plan on driving in C.T so will be taking taxis or organised tours from the hotels.

SA
reviews: 62
1. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

The accomodation will depend on what you are looking for. The waterfront is more central but then of course busier. Wheather should be pretty good at that time.

Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 88
2. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

The weather should be pretty mild, with cooler evening, You can use the HOHO bus to see the main sites. www.citysightseeing.co.za which stops both in Camps Bay and the Waterfront.

The Waterfront is more central, but Camps bay has a nice beach and a great "café society" lifestyle and is very laid back.

It comes down to what you expect from your holiday .

Cape Town
3. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

Hi

Good question.

You should have a look at this graph for the weather and where to stay http://goo.gl/cpZpY

To give you the short answer:

Camps Bay is a luxury beach holiday place with lovely beaches and restaurants.

The Water Front is like staying in a huge shopping mall with yachts, and fancy restaurants.

Let me know if I can assist any further.

Johan Horak

Cape Town Holiday Accommodation Agency

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
4. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

Camps bay is much prettier than Cape town and more relaxing but imo you do need a car to get around so if this is a problem then it would be better to stay in the city.

Edinburgh
reviews: 40
5. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

I agree with the above post. Camps Bay is beautiful, really relaxed, gorgeous views with good restaurants but a car would be useful for getting around. I think it would probably be my preference over the Waterfront, especially foe a honeymoon. That said, if you prefer to be in the heart of things and won't have a car, The Waterfront might be the better choice.

Sydney
reviews: 54
6. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

Sorry , I disagree where to stay.

April is starting to get cooler.You may be on the beach but it is unlikely you will swim in Camps Bay.Yes, Camps Bay is more picturesque but certainly out of the way for sight seeing.

Do you want a beach holiday or do you Intend sight seeing?

The waterfront is more central to the city,Kloof Street, Moullie Point access to the wine route.It has beautiful hotels as well as wonderful restaurants and coffee bars in the vicinity....that's where it's happening for young people. I have just returned!

If you need to chill, you can always retreat to the pool and peace & quiet of your hotel!!!!

Sorry to confuse you!

If there is anything I can assist you with, feel free to write to me?

I have not done a Trip Report or Restaurant reviews as I have just returned

Ilkley, United...
reviews: 143
7. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

I would suggest Camps Bay.

Its a good base to get to most of the attractions and as previously mentioned you can use the hop on hop off bus.

Its very easy to drive around and gives you the flexibility to go when and where you like.

I have just booked some flights for Xmas and in the middle of planning my 7th Xmas/New Year (6th year running!) around the Cape and always include Camps Bay.

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

It depends on what you plan on doing, if you just want to relax and go out occasionally, camps bay is better, but if you enjoy exploring and want to see the city, the waterfront is much more central. The waterfront is a lot busier and less romantic but you'll be able to walk to the city centre and explore more of the museums, parks and gorgeous little shops. The beach in camps bay is gorgeous, but I've never really taken to it as it's a bit too far out and it feels a bit more pretentious.

9. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, March 11, 2013
10. Re: Waterfront or Camps Bay - April Hpneymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central