We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for afternoon tea

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 34
Best hotel for afternoon tea

Which hotel is now the best for afternoon tea? We want to celebrate my husband's birthday in style.

Many thanks,

Hg7.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 61
1. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

I haven't been but I know the Mount Nelson Hotel does a very good afternoon tea. You can book ahead on the hotel web site and see exactly what sort of food etc they do. I believe there is a lovely view from the hotel gardens.

Berks
2. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

I too can recommend the Mount Nelson. We had afternoon tea there a couple of years ago and it was excellent, a substantial spread of sandwiches, savouries, cakes and pastries and as much tea as we could drink. The view of Table Mountain from the gardens is really beautiful. I can assure you it is much better value than The London Ritz afternoon tea.

north yorkshire
reviews: 101
3. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

I can't comment on the other places offering this service. However, I had the Mount Nelson Afternoon Tea experience two weeks ago. Wonderful!!! Don't have lunch beforehand and you probably won't want a meal in the evening.

South Africa
reviews: 63
4. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

Cape Grace Hotel, near the Waterfront, has a super afternoon tea. !

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 84
5. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

I have been to the Mount Nelson for their afternoon tea. Very nice and if the weather is good you can sit on the porch. If you want to celebrate in style i would suggest the Mount Nelson. The Cape Grace is a fabulous hotel too although i havnt had their afternoon tea and i think the Table Bay hotel which is also in the waterfront has an afternoon tea as well I think. The Nelli (Mount Nelson) is known for theirs as they have a lot to eat.

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 49
6. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

cape grace and mount nelson

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 133
7. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

Cape Grace & the Nelli definitely. Don't plan for dinner afterwards. :-)

UAE
reviews: 27
8. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

We've had afternoon tea at the Mount Nelson and One & Only in Cape Town, Marine in Hermanus and Oyster Box in Durban and Mount Nelson is our favourite.

Ireland
reviews: 34
9. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your replies. I think it will have to be the Mount Nelson. We had wondered about the One and Only and the Oyster Box as we will be in Durban too. It is great to have the value of your experiences.

Greetings to you all from a wet and miserable Ireland. Bring on the South African sun.

HG7.

Berks
10. Re: Best hotel for afternoon tea

HG7 -you won't go wrong with the Mount Nelson. Have a good trip.