We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, AZ
reviews: 2
BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

Can anyone confirm if British Airways flights operated wholly within South Africa allow once piece of cabin baggage plus a handbag or laptop bag?

I'm traveling from JNB - CPT with a piece of cabin baggage that meets BA's size and weight requirements but also have a small backpack that holds my laptop. I've looked at BA's web site and my itinerary online and the information isn't 100% consistent.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wirral, United...
reviews: 92
1. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

May I suggest you try posting your question on the air travel forum where hopefully you will get the information you need, Good Luck!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 99
2. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

Hi,

try this mail address cr@comair.co.za for the info you need. I don't think that it will be a problem.

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 159
3. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

You'll be fine with Comair, they're exactly the same as BA but with a different name. They're even updating their ancient fleet.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

Hi,

You will be fine with that it is quick eye opening to see the size and amount of luggage that is allowed on as hand luggage. We flew BA from Durban to PE with a rucksack each and additional bag, no questions were asked and none of our hand luggage was weighed. Enjoy your flight

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 101
5. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

Youre allowed a lap top besides your hand luggage so your bag pack could be classed as your handbag. I dont think there will be a problem on a local flight.

6. Re: BA Cabin Baggage Allowance - Domestic SA Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cape Town Central