We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian dining in cape town

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Vegetarian dining in cape town

Hello,

My husband and I are going to Cape Town for our honeymoon soon and I am wondering if there are any exceptional restaurants we should try while we are there. We are both vegetarian so we sometimes have difficulty finding appropriate dishes at high end restaurants.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Boston...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Vegetarian dining in cape town

One of my favourites is Bukhara in Cape Town. It is by no means an exclusively vegetarian restaurant but has a wide variety of very good Indian main dishes.

Most of the restaurants at the V&A Waterfront will have veg options -- especially the Italian/Greek/Medit. places.

I am a vegetarian and never had trouble eating in the bigger South African cities.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Heeten

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 71
2. Re: Vegetarian dining in cape town

Hi, we are vegetarians too!! Visited Africa in September and would recommend you to try:

Bukhara - Indian

La Mouette - French, they offer 6 course veg menu which was amazing

Addis in Cape - Eithopian offer veg set menu or ala carte

Gold - African - 14 course veg menu

We visited all and loved it. Others which I found but did not get chance to visit are:

Anatoli - Turkish

Masala Dosa at Eastern Food Baazar

Chandani - Indian

Singapore
reviews: 113
3. Re: Vegetarian dining in cape town

I don't think you will have a problem as most restaurant menus I saw had at least one vegetarian option. We just went to Test Kitchen and it was our best meal in Capetown, I dare say of our whole trip in Africa! I would call and see if they do veg, and if so, I would go, go, go!

4. Re: Vegetarian dining in cape town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, January 05, 2014