We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning trip-suggestions, please?

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Media, Pennsylvania
reviews: 24
Planning trip-suggestions, please?

I have no idea just yet what to plan for and would love to hear any thoughts. I do know that we would like to so some sort of safari experience and will have one of our daughters, age 9, with us. That said, we do not want some kind of "kid-friendly" experience which brings some kind of Disneyesque/chicken-fingers type picture to mind! ;) We have traveled all over the world with our children and find they rise to the situation when they are presented with such. Thanks for your time, advisors!

Sheila

1. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, March 11, 2013
Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 91
2. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

Hi Sheila,

The Cheetah program at Spier ( Stellenbosch) is a good experiece. They also have numerous game birds which have been rescued .You can get up close with them.

Boulders beach is also great. There are loads of penguins that are extremely entertaining to watch. If you want to risk the cold water on the beach you are sometimes lucky enough to be able to swim with them,

There aren't really safari experiences to be had in CT. For the best you need to head to either Addo or Kruger. There are a couple of Safari places on the Garden Route, but to me they are all a little bit canned!

Media, Pennsylvania
reviews: 24
3. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

thanks...great suggestions so far. I appreciate them! madaboutwine: so the water is pretty cold?

Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 91
4. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

Hi Swarmina,

The water really cold,,,,,,afraid so..... yes!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,126
5. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

See my post (5.) to the following thread with some attractions that we enjoyed around Cape Town. Several already included in the list above. Plenty to keep you busy in the Cape.

tripadvisor.com/…42205596

Plenty to do to keep you busy in the Cape. Have a great trip.

6. Re: Planning trip-suggestions, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 24, 2013