We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria
reviews: 90
Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

I have booked a cellphone rental with Vodaphone at Cape Town airport, but I find the rates steep.

Also have booked a car with Capital Car Hire at the airport, but cannot find their off airport address or pick-up procedure( with no reply to e-mails).

Any better suggestions?

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

Hi there

About the phone rental, there are 2 major phone companies at the Airport that you may get phones at, which is Vodacom and also MTN. Their kiosks is at the arrivals section and you can play the prices with them.

Capital Car Hire is situated at the Car Rental section just outside the arrival terminal building, which will be a 5min walk to get to there offices. There office hours Monday to Friday is 7am until 22:30 and on weekends 7am until 22:00. On your arrival day, there is a information desk, where you can just ask for directions to the rental companies.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 57
2. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

Hi there

If you would like me to get more information for you from Capital Car Hire, you can just forward me the question and i can give them a call.

Best Regards

Hank - Ulungele Tours

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
reviews: 87
3. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

I left a message on your other post. Are you bringing your own cell phone? If you are perhaps you can just buy a "pay as you go" sim which cost R1 and pay as you go which is steep - its about R3.00 a minute. Vodacome is better than MTN. - better service

4. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, November 14, 2012
5. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:55 am, November 17, 2012
Edited: 11:55 am, November 17, 2012
6. Re: Car and Phone Hire in Cape Town

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 26, 2013