We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a helicopter proposal

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 117
Planning a helicopter proposal

Hi all, me and my partner are planning to visit cape town next february and i am planning to propose to her in that beautiful city of yours. I was looking at a helicopter tour around cape point and then having some sort of picnic at either table mountain/or at one of the vineyards in the winelands. Do you guys know of any tour operators that does an itineary like this? Or if you have any other proposal suggestions that i should know about, pls do let me know! am all ears! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and hope to hear from you folks soon! Thank you.

Berks
1. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

There are helicopter trips to the winelands and various other spots around the Cape peninsular, the link is as follows:

http://www.cape-town-helicopter-tours.com

There are other helicopter companies if you just google.

How about proposing on top of Table Mountain, take a bottle of champagne and pop the question.

Edited: 1:44 pm, June 09, 2011
Cape Town Central...
reviews: 46
2. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

Hi there

I know about a company that will be able to help you with that. The company name is Base4 and are based at the arport. They operate from the Airport because it is cheaper for lift-off and landing. Contact details: http://www.base4.co.za. They can put something together for a winelands, shark cage dive or game drive, etc. Whatever you have in mind.

Regards

Hank

Owner - Ulungele Tours.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 11
3. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

Awww sweet... I think table mountain would be amazing- views of the beaches, town, waterfront, especially beautiful at sunrise/sunset

Cape Town
4. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

Just to be clear you will need to do the Helicopter ride and Table Mountain proposal separately.

Apart from Mountain Rescue Helicopters no commercial helicopters are allowed to land on Table Mountain. Sightseeing trips can fly over but definitely no landing! You will need to go up Table Mountain in the cable car.

Obviously for a trip to a Wine Estate the Helicopter can arrange to land.

Berks
5. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

My suggestion of Table Mountain was in response to Volvoc asking for other proposal suggestions, I was not suggesting that private helicopters would be permitted to land on the mountain. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

London, United...
reviews: 75
6. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

How romantic!

The winelands option would be lovely - Tokara and Constantia Uitsig are both beautiful and will allow helicopter landing. Constantia Uitisig is also home to one of the world's best restaurants (La Colombe) if you are foodies.

Cheers,

Julian

Owner, Timeless Africa

Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 117
7. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

wow, thank you all for your suggestions. I was thinking table mountain, but after reading all your posts, i reckon on that day, am going to arrange an itineary where i will probably plan something from morning till evening. Thanks once again for your suggestions and taking the time to read my posts.

Cape Town Central...
8. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

try www.flyheli.co.za, they offer a vast range of helictopters and can design your trip as you require.

9. Re: Planning a helicopter proposal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, October 03, 2012