We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town Hotels

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northumberland...
Cape Town Hotels

We are looking to visit Cape Town in Feb 2006. We have been offered St Georges Hotel has any one been here or could anyone recommend a Hotel in a central position to do the Tourist things i.e. Robin Island, Table Mountain and a one day Safarie that I have seen advertised.

Thanks in anticipation of any replies

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cape Town Hotels

If you are planning to rent a car the St Georges is fine. It is walking distance to the centre of the city and very close to Table Mountain. You could even walk to the Waterfront if you are fit - it would take about 30 to 45 minutes to walk. If you looking for somewhere closer to the Waterfront then you could consider the Waterfront Holiday Inn, the Cullinan, or one of the many other hotels in and around the Waterfront area.

Manchester, England
reviews: 1
2. Re: Cape Town Hotels

We stayed 1 night at the St Georges it was a bit dull (clean though) and in a very busy area. We stayed 3 nights at the Commodore that was great no trying to park your car you could just walk to the waterfront and I felt safe there.

London, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Cape Town Hotels

We stayed at The Town House :-

http://www.thetownhouse.co.uk/

it is quite close to St. Georges and so has approximately the same distance to all the attractions, we found it to be a very good clean, quiet hotel with friendly staff and very helpful reception who helped us plan and arrange visits and trips - from our room we had an uninterupted view of Table Mountain and the cable car..

Vancouver BC
reviews: 6
4. Re: Cape Town Hotels

Was there a couple weeks ago and inspected a number of hotels. For clean and basic with a great location I would recommend City Lodge near the V&A Waterfront. Excellent value. For more luxury without selling the farm I would recommend the Commodore...very classy but not the most expensive. You could walk safely and easily to the Robben Island ferry from both of these hotels.

reviews: 103
5. Re: Cape Town Hotels

i just booked the city lodge for r 700 which seem pretty good value to me given the location