We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Villa Romantica

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
reviews: 1
Al Villa Romantica

Looking to honeymoon in SA specifically at Al Villa Romantica... my main concern is saftey is it safe in Camps Bay where it's located or not.... If anyone has stayed at this Villa do you have any recommendations or comments

Thank You

London, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Al Villa Romantica

Camps Bay is one of the safest areas in Cape Town, if not THE safest.

So, you shouldn't really be worried about saftey!

Enjoy your stay!

London
2. Re: Al Villa Romantica

Camps Bay is a lovely area. I would seriously avoid La Villa Romantica. The woman that manages the place is rude, and should not be working in the hospitality industry.

Their website shows stunning shots of the hotel. All I can say, is that they must have manipulated the shots very well. The website describes the villa as have "stunning views of Table Mountain" - you can see the back of table mountain, but this does not resemble the more common front view of table mountain in any way (it is basically a sheer mountain).

The room that my partner and I stayed in had a balcony which was great, however the balcony had two doors onto it, one from the communal landing corridor, and one from our bedroom!! Upon arrival in the room, we found a full ash tray on the balcony veranda and a couple of old PCs had been left in our wardrobe. Coupled with the TV cables that we drangling precariously from the TV in the corner of the room, and the microwave that had been dumped in the room, we were both VERY disappointed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

London
3. Re: Al Villa Romantica

Camps Bay is a lovely area. I would seriously avoid La Villa Romantica. The woman that manages the place is rude, and should not be working in the hospitality industry.

Their website shows stunning shots of the hotel. All I can say, is that they must have manipulated the shots very well. The website describes the villa as have "stunning views of Table Mountain" - you can see the back of table mountain, but this does not resemble the more common front view of table mountain in any way (it is basically a sheer mountain).

The room that my partner and I stayed in had a balcony which was great, however the balcony had two doors onto it, one from the communal landing corridor, and one from our bedroom!! Upon arrival in the room, we found a full ash tray on the balcony veranda and a couple of old PCs had been left in our wardrobe. Coupled with the TV cables that we drangling precariously from the TV in the corner of the room, and the microwave that had been dumped in the room, we were both VERY disappointed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Cape Town, South...
4. Re: Al Villa Romantica

Wow, it looks as if akroyd really had an awful time at the Villa Romanitca. I don't know it personally so can't comment, however after a description like that, perhaps you can enquire at a few other places in Camps Bay? The area is lovely and would be really super for your honeymoon.

If you type in Camps Bay on the search section, you should find quite a lot of comments on various places, I've read quite a few on this forum.

The view that everyone knows of Table Mountain would not be available really from anywhere in Camps Bay, but you would have lovely views of the sea and the back of the mountain.

Regarding safety, it is a good area to stay. But anywhere in any city you should still follow normal safety measures, lock your car doors, hold you handbag and don't look too touristy.

Have a lovely honeymoon and let us know if we can anwer any other questions.

ps my daughter is getting married on 10th March, so I love all this wedding planning!

London
reviews: 5
5. Re: Al Villa Romantica

Please do not even think about honeymooning here. Although perfectly situated, this guest house´s website is utterly deceiving. There has been very clever lighting used in all the shots of the bedrooms. Our bed was squashed in against a wall with a fridge, microwave and fan squashed in at the foot of the bed.

Having spent 3 fantastic nights in the winelands of Franschoek and Spier in the most amazing accomodation, coming to Villa "so very not Romantica" was a complete disappointment.

Cape Town, South...
6. Re: Al Villa Romantica

I see that on their web site they actually offer two different accomodations, which one were you asking about?

7. Re: Al Villa Romantica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 15, 2009