We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape town - victoria falls in late october

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
cape town - victoria falls in late october

I'm thinking of going on a trip from cape town to victoria falls passing namibia and botswana. is it a good time to go in late october? If you've done it - would you recommend it? /Peter

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 1
1. Re: cape town - victoria falls in late october

October is fine for Cape Town. You will find it very warm to hot in Namibia and Botswana but every month has its own merits in the game areas - if you are prepared for the warmth you will enjoy it. Make sure you have plenty of short sleeve t-shirts, shorts and sandals.

Cape Town
2. Re: cape town - victoria falls in late october

Hi Bodhi Man

I do not think there is a better trip in the whole of Southern Africa than this one. I use to be an overland truck tour guide and loved this route. As 50Something correctly stated, it is the start of the warm months - you might still find the odd late rains in Cape Town, but further north it is still a month away from the first rains and it can get quite hot in Botswana. Great thing for game viewing (bad for them) is that the animals must come to the water holes to drink as it is very dry and visibility through the leafless foilage is much better too.

All I can say is do it - you will never regret it.

ireland
reviews: 18
3. Re: cape town - victoria falls in late october

Lucky you. Are yo ugoing along the Caprivi strip? Going up the Western Cape to Windhoek and then across to Botswana?

If you have time, think of detouring to Luderitz - it's so surreal to find a damp port town serving wonderful oysters and coffee only a few km from the desert

Toronto
4. Re: cape town - victoria falls in late october

hello, did you end up doing this route?

how was it? We are thinking of this route for our family - two kids 10 & 13. We have 5-6 weeks in July-August. Thanks.

5. Re: cape town - victoria falls in late october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 13, 2009