We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Knysna

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, England
reviews: 1
Knysna

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to drive from Stellenbosch to Knysna we would like to spend a couple of nights there.

london
1. Re: Knysna

about 3 hours

Cape Town Central...
2. Re: Knysna

3 hours if you are travelling in a Ferrari and ignoring the speed limit!! 4 to 5 hours travelling normally.

Manchester, England
3. Re: Knysna

Thanks for that information where do you recommed to stop for a couple of nights if we did not want to travel for 5 hours.

san diego,California
reviews: 107
4. Re: Knysna

There are plenty of wonderful small towns along the way. Swellendam is an excellent stopover-approx 160km from Cape Town, in addition Arniston on the coast-or as it is known in Afrikaans- Waenhuiskrans. This is a small white washed fishing village, fabulous place to stop and rest and spend a day or so, great beaches and accomodation. By the way, the previous responce of 5 hours or so is about right.

Any more info,email me at jon@anywheremarkets.com

Jon Davimes.

Cape Town Central...
5. Re: Knysna

The previous post is spot on. However, the drive is no problem as the road is superb all the way. An average person could easily do that distance without having to stop over. I have done it many times.

6. Re: Knysna

Yes. Definately 4-5 hours-have done it ourselves. But definately don't miss Knysna-its a great place to visit.

Portland, OR
7. Re: Knysna

Its a great trip with lots to see and enjoy. Travel with stop for a meal or so, I agree, need att least 5 hours but if one has the time: I once took the drive along the coast from Gordons Bay, past Bettys bay etc. Hermanus is also a popular place, then all along there are quaint villages.

Mosselbay, Wilderness, (has a wonderful hotel!) Sedgefield, Knysna.. great. Like surfing? Continue all the way to Jeffries Bay. :-)

Word of advice: don't pick up hitch hikers

Enjoy the trip!

"ex-Georgian".

chutzpi