We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best tour company to use...

Which Cape Town Central hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 4
Which is the best tour company to use...

...for Cape Town and Kruger 8-9 day trips. Looking for a comfortable trip with really nice lodging, perhaps even luxury, but most likely one step below that. Any recommendations?

usa
reviews: 13
1. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

Hi Brooklyn,

My husband and I are travelling to Capetown, Franschhoek, Johannesburg, Kruger and Victoria Falls in February. Although, we haven't actually travelled yet, I cannot rave enough about Go2Africa.com and Ms. Rikke Williams. They have an amazing website and guide you through the entire planning process--flights, accommodations, excursions and even restaraunt reservations-- keeping your budget in mind. I cannot speak highly enough of Ms. Williams' attention to detail and to her prompt responses to my every concern. Give them a try. I'll certainly write back when we have returned from our trip to let you know how it actually played out--ie...if there are any "glitches".

Sydney, Australia
2. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

Travelled to South Africa, Botswana,Victoria falls last Novemeber, and used a company called Island-safari.com.

They come highly recommended and we will definetly be using them in the future.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
3. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

Springbok Atlas is an established tour company.

springbokatlas.co.za/…

springbokatlas.co.za/…

Maybe you could combine the 4 Day Impala Tour (SMJJ4) and the 4 Day Cape Town and Peninsula Short Break (SCC4).

Another tour company is Hylton Ross www.hyltonross.com. They specialize mostly in tours starting from Cape Town. Their Garden Route tour looks nice.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
4. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

I respoded thinking you wanted to go on a tour. Are you wanted to go on a tour in a bus with other people or are you just looking at having a tourist guide operator organize and book your accommodation for you and doing it self-drive?

Brooklyn, New York
5. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

Thank you all. This has been really helpful. No one mentioned "rhino" though, has anyone heard anything about them. Thanks.

Melbourne
6. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

I just came back from a week stay in Cape Town and it was just amazing.

Cape Town is a great city and I had 4 days there and went to Robben Island, Kirstenbosch, Cape Town Waterfront and also to spend some time on the beaches.

But it is also important to get out of Cape Town to see the beautiful country side. It is really one of the most diverse countries I have ever been too.

I did a 3 day tour with HOTSPOTS2C (www.hotspots2c.co.za) and this was by far the best way for me to travel around and see all the tourist hotspots of the Western Cape. The great thing is you tell them what your budget is for accommodation and they find you the best possible deals and then pick you up and drop you off at the accommodation while on tour. We stayed in Ambassador Hotel in Clifton/ Bantry Bay...you have to stay there as it is amazing, right on the waters edge. Just make sure to ask for a seafacing room.

In Stellenbosch we stayed at De Oude Werf Hotel and in Hermanus we stayed in Misty Waves Boutique Hotel. I could have not asked for better hotels and HOTSPOTS2C organized this for us free of charge.

Enjoy your time in South Africa....I am sure you would love it!

Brooklyn, New York
7. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

Thank you for all this help, much appreciated.

8. Re: Which is the best tour company to use...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 17, 2009