We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Which Pilanesberg National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cali
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Im going to be staying @ the Bukubang Bush Lodge in mArch 2013. The tour group that I booked with is departing back to airport after leaving this lodge. I decided to extend my stay a couple more days. Im going to Rosebank. Im trying to find out what is the most economical way to get to Rosebank for just 1 passenger. Anytype of shuttle available? Just looking for ALL ideas EXCEPT me driving myself. NOT an option.

THANKS

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
285 posts
198 reviews
1. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

If the tour group is going back to the airport then catch the Gautrain from the airport to Rosebank. It's really quick and easy, it's a little pricey but for one person it's probably the best option.

Cali
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

@ Sarah that was a thought I had but I think they are going to be leaving from lodge kind of late thats why I sent email agent to find out what is the departure time from lodge because I believe their flight doesnt depart until 8pm. (wont know for another week due to her on vacaction) Which if that is the case (8p departure) I want to leave from the lodge in the morning so that i will have my whole day to do the things I want to do in J'Burg.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Your needs are so specific that I would contact the lodge and see if they have any suggestions. March is a long way off - hopefully they can come up with an idea we wouldn't think of.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
7,313 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

One more thought - checkout time would normally be 11AM. The group may have to leave then whether they want to or not. They may be looking for ways to fill time themselves somewhere in town.. or at the airport! Rosebank would be a good place for them to kill a few hours.

Cali
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

@ Bwanadave that is something I have done already I recently sent email to lodge but have yet to receive a reply. Probably wont get one til after the new year. Although March seems like a ways away I like to be prepared im not a last minute person when it comes to my travel arrangement and since Im not going to be with the group I need my stuff planned out in advance. Ive also started emailing transportation services so if you or Anyone know of a service that would be a little more reasonable than the average feel free to let me know. Thanks!

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Yes, there is a shuttle leaving at 8h00, 12h00 and 18h00 from Sun City's welcome centre @

Jaco Rautenbach

¬Owner, Adventure Travel Africa¬

Edited: 1:58 am, January 05, 2013
Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Yes, there is a shuttle leaving at 8h00, 12h00 and 18h00 from Sun City's welcome centre @ R500 one way and has a drop off at Sandton as per travelinafrica.co.za/pilanesberg/suncityshut…

So Bak - SC @ 9h40, 13h40, 17h40, 19h40, 21h40, 23h40 at R75 now I think, and unfortunately you have to add R50 for entrance to Sun City. Then either taxi about R100 or Gautrain that is really close @ R20 plus R11 for the card...total R 656 iso a private transfer at R1750

Jaco Rautenbach

¬Owner, Adventure Travel Africa¬

Cali
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Thank You Pirate99 for this info for I am emailing now to make sure I understand everything correctly. THis maybe my best bet if im not able to hop on with group.

Cali
Level Contributor
82 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Just looked your the owner so will i be emailing you? Perhaps I should ask questions to you on here if you are. We shall see

Pilanesberg...
Level Contributor
403 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Pilanesberg>>>>>Rosebank

Ummm, I'm not the owner of the shuttle, but I do live 20 km's from Sun City in a little village bordering on the Park...so I do know what's cutting in the area. Unfortunately when I give anyone a detailed workable option at 1/3 of the known rate and they ask for a discount on that, then the bridge is burnt...

Get answers to your questions about Pilanesberg National...