We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pilanesberg national park

Which Pilanesberg National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 5
pilanesberg national park

I am staying in sun citycan someone recommend a company that will do a morning and night safari drive in pilanesberg national park.

Kruger National...
reviews: 15
1. Re: pilanesberg national park

Hi there!

I can highly recommend Game Trackers (you can book from Sun City), who are excellent and do what you are asking for. In my opinion, the best ranger is Bart - Ask for him when booking.

All the best,

Jacqui

Pilanesberg...
reviews: 4
2. Re: pilanesberg national park

For night safaris you will have to use the concession holders. The most practical to use is Gametrackers that you can book at the Welcome Centre at Sun City. You can ask for Julia Roberts to drive you but you will get who is on the schedule to drive, as this is how it works. It's 2,5 hours now, R410 till end Nov 2912, then R440. Don't expect too much from a night drive anywhere. most people have far too high expectations.

As for day dives, you do have more options. The are a couple of operators based at Pilanesberg, offering more than the normal 2,5 hour show and go drive - just google pilanesberg based tour operators. It really depends what you want out of a drive, and what your budget is. IMO, make the most of it, and choose someone where you have the option to sit on a sighting for an hour if you need or want to. If you fly out all the way to SA & then go on just an average drive just doesn't make sense to me.

Jaco Rautenbach

Owner ~ Adventure Travel Africa ~

Pilanesberg...
reviews: 4
3. Re: pilanesberg national park

oops till end Nov 2012 above...

You can also do a private drive with Gametrackers, 2,5 hours@ R4300 & R4550 from 1 Dec 2012 where you can stop at sightings as long as you want. Other PB operators charge for the same either half the rate, double the time, or both, but all use closed vehicles iso open game viewers.

J

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 9
4. Re: pilanesberg national park

I can tell you what company NOT to use: Mankwe Safari Tours and Transfers. I was very disappointed in their service and cost structure, especially their policy of charging an individual the cost of two people if they are traveling alone. They were also very slow to respond to my request to reconsider this policy and they were inflexible in their treatment.

Kruger National...
5. Re: pilanesberg national park

Jaco,

I spent a lot of time in Pilanesberg on an internship, and learned that you can infact request certain rangers to take the game drive through GT. But perhaps this had changed.

Although tere are a lot of different operators, GT are the only ones legally allowed to conduct drives from Sun City - but again, this may have changed since I was there last year :-).

Wishing you a wonderful drive, and thanks to the above poster for the update r.e Mankwe!

All the best,

J

Kruger National...
6. Re: pilanesberg national park

Jaco,

I spent a lot of time in Pilanesberg on an internship, and learned that you can infact request certain rangers to take the game drive through GT. But perhaps this had changed.

Although tere are a lot of different operators, GT are the only ones legally allowed to conduct drives from Sun City - but again, this may have changed since I was there last year :-).

Wishing you a wonderful drive, and thanks to the above poster for the update r.e Mankwe!

All the best,

J

7. Re: pilanesberg national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pilanesberg National...