We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

Which Pilanesberg National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, Dubai...
afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

we will be staying at sun city for a day and would like to do a game drive at pilanesburg before we self drive back to johannesburg. would it be easier to book a game drive with park or a hotel or do a self drive.

Kruger National...
reviews: 38
1. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

Hi there,

I have had fantastic experiences with the Game Trackers company who run safaris out of Sun City They are really amazing, and all the guides are very knowledgeable and personable. I particularly recommended Bart Swanepoel (You can request him at no extra charge) or Bernard.

best of luck, Pilanesberg is wonderful!

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 6
2. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

You can easily do the self drive but start as soon as the gates open. Early morning or late afternoon. It is very easy to do by yourself. The open vehicle Game Drives are exciting because the guide communicate with each other if they spot the animals. Just take warm clothes with because it can get very cold on those drives!

All the best

Agnes

Pilanesberg...
reviews: 8
3. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

It's easy to drive yourself, but you will probably drive past things without seeing them. It's also easy to book a game drive, but you should do a bit more research before you do - there are more and different options to Gametrackers.

GT offers a 2,5 hour trip from Sun City - Sun City. Once you add the drive there and back, introductory talk, plus the toilet stop off, you are left with less time. They try show you the most species in the shortest time, so if this appeals then by all means go for it. In my opinion just over 2 hours is a waste of time when you just get a stop, show and go, but definitely better than driving yourself. But note you probably won't stay longer than 5 minutes at a good sighting, and definitely not longer than 10 minutes on an awesome one.

A better option is a 3 hour drive from the Lodges, and then there are 3,5 and 5 hour drives on offer as well. You just have to google.

Enjoy, whatever you do.

Jaco Rautenbach

¬ Owner, Adventure Travel Africa¬

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 6
4. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

We always book the Game drives from Bakubung Lodge. They are very good and do take their time to show you around. The Game drive is about 3 hours.

Agnes

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 9
5. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

I can tell you what company NOT to use: Mankwe Safari Tours and Transfers. I was very disappointed in their service and cost structure, especially their policy of charging an individual the cost of two people if they are traveling alone. They were also very slow to respond to my request to reconsider this policy and they were inflexible in their treatment.

6. Re: afternoon game drive at pilanesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pilanesberg National...