We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Controlled Fires

Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 88
Controlled Fires

I will be in Kruger in 2 days time. Does anyone know if there have been controlled fires this year, if so where? I spent a lot of time last year driving through desolate area, and would like to avoid doing the same this year.

Hazyview, South...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Controlled Fires

we have not seen or heard of any so far (as we always get the smoke).

It normally happens later in Winter.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Durban...
2. Re: Controlled Fires

The next hot fire experiment will take place in September this year in the blocks around Malelane and Afsaal. Of course there could well be natural fires during Winter but this particular one is high intensity and we all of course hope that it does not have the same tragic consequences that the last one had. Some of the visuals that the public had of animals badly burned was very disturbing. I believe though that lessons were learned from the last high intensity fire and that this will not happen again. There is an entire thread devoted to this on the Sanparks forum.

Ficksburg, South...
reviews: 88
3. Re: Controlled Fires

Thanks for the update - will check out the thread going forward

4. Re: Controlled Fires

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 22, 2014