We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids at Kruger Safari

Bangalore, India
Kids at Kruger Safari

Hi -

I am traveling with my wife and a 3.5 year old to KNP in end August 2013.

I am confused about whether kids are allowed to go on safari. I am told that they can be allowed only on CLOSED vehicles. Is that correct?

Also, are kids allowed to do early evening safari (3.30pm - 7 pm) and early morning safari (5.30 am - 10am)?

I can't seem to find this info on SANparks or other forums. Please help.

Belmont, California
reviews: 14
11. Re: Kids at Kruger Safari

AK,

I agree with Penny L. I did take my kids at age 4 to Kruger for a total of two weeks safari. I would consider self-drive the only viable option for a family with kids this age. Stay in the south, where game density is better (Lower Sabie, Croc Bridge, etc) - plan your driving to get to picnic spots often and get out of the car. Some of the picnic spots have monkeys and lots of birds coming close to feed, which is a great attraction for the kids.

I would stay in the park - many of the camps have comfortable, large family accommodation and decent restaurants (Lower Sabie is a good option). Don't worry - you will see lots of game in Kruger without a ranger.

On our way to KNP next week with our kids that by now are 9...

Cheers.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
reviews: 22
12. Re: Kids at Kruger Safari

Ernani is correct, an ideal way to see Kruger with kiddies.

Especially taking into account what I have already posted about the wind chill in August on the vehicles.

GENOA
reviews: 79
13. Re: Kids at Kruger Safari

Hi all

I am organizing a trip to SA for next August with my husband and my daughter (at that time she'll be 4 years)

I read lots of forum but i didn't mind if Kids are allowed or not on Game safaris

I booked 4 nights at Tshukudu Game Lodge which is a private Game reserve since they assured my Kid will be accepted on all outdoor games incuding morning walking (she will be following the group behind on the car )

For Kruger area i am considering a self-drive but do you suggest me to spend one day only to visit some spots maybe in the Western part or which part of the Park would be better to reach if at night i have to go back to Hoedspruit?

My idea is to give the best of this Wild experience to my daughter Who is quite used to uncomfortable trips.

Above all she is able to go beyond any language difference, i hope she will enjoy this

Thank you all

Rgds

Linda

Italy

Edited: 7:43 am, May 26, 2013
Boston...
reviews: 7
14. Re: Kids at Kruger Safari

Hi Linda,

If you can get bookings, I would recommend spending 2 nights at Satara Camp....easily reached through the Orpen Gate close to Hoedpsruit.

I am not sure if you plan on spending the nights in Hoedspruit?

If you are considering this August, you may have a hard time getting accommodations at Satara.

Take a look at: sanparks.org/parks/…

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Heeten, Owner, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge, Hazyview & Boston

15. Re: Kids at Kruger Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 28, 2014