We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger, Swaziland, Whales - 12 days; September

Kent, UK
reviews: 5
Kruger, Swaziland, Whales - 12 days; September

Coming from the UK in mid-Sept, my wife and I are thinking about a self-drive into Kruger (to spend most time), through Swaziland for a couple of nights??, and to the St Lucia region to see whales. I would be really really grateful for any comments on the merits/feasability/disadvantages of this - esp. the Swaziland bit and whale watching. As you can gather from the itinerary, wildlife is the primary interest.

Many thanks, Stuart

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
reviews: 23
1. Re: Kruger, Swaziland, Whales - 12 days; September

I would give Swaziland a miss.. not much to see there, unless you plan simply to transit Swaziland en route from Kruger to KZN.

As far as whale watching is concerned, I always thought that the best whale watching was in June/July /August, and off the Cape coast.

Whales are possible as far north, as St Lucia, on the eastern side, as late as September, but this is not the "MECCA" of South African Whale watching AFAIK.

Others may know more.

Look at this website for more:

southafrica.info/travel/….UU2LBhyL88U

Edited: 7:09 am, March 23, 2013
2. Re: Kruger, Swaziland, Whales - 12 days; September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 25, 2014