We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

Antiparos, Greece
Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

If one had unlimited budget, what is the very best lodge in Sabi Sands for an August safari in terms of:

1- Best game viewing

2- Most beautiful setting, views and surroundings of the lodge.

It doesn't have to be romantic as this is not for a couple. But the very best in terms of the natural beauty of the lodge, unpretentious luxury, and the very best game viewing.

Thanks a lot.

Antiparos, Greece
1. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

My short list is:

1) Lion Sands Ivory

2) Sabi sabi Earth Lodge

3) Londolozi Granite

4) Exeter Leadwood

Which one is set in a more beautiful environment? And which one would you pick?

Thanks.

Mytmoss
reviews: 5
2. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

My choices are similar, but different order.

1.Lion Sands Ivory

2. Londolozi Granite

3. Sabi Sabi Earth

4. Exeter Leadwood

Mike

Edited: 10:17 pm, March 20, 2013
Western Cape, South...
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 41
3. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

I agree with BOTH of the above postings.. because, after Ivory Lodge as #1, I would say the other three could line up in any sequence and it would be hard to argue about it. Of the four, Earth Lodge has the most impressive (and largest) public areas.. Leadwood is the most authentically "In the Bush".. Granite Suite #2 has the most amazing view of any individual suite in Sabi Sand. But Ivory Lodge has the privacy, space, luxury, and elegant dining that sets it apart. In my opinion, of course..

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Antiparos, Greece
4. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

Thanks to all of you, how would Exeter River Lodge compare to these? It is much more reasonably priced, but would we lose anyhting by not paying more and booking one of the others?

Edited: 10:07 am, March 21, 2013
Raleigh, North...
5. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

Exeter River Lodge is right beside Leadwood so very similar setting, accomodation not as luxe but still very nice. You won't lose much in my opinion. If you're considering Exeter River Lodge, I would also consider Dulini as well. I had to make a decision between Exeter River Lodge and Dulini based on a stay 4 pay 3 nights special, and ended up going with Dulini because it offered max 6 persons per vehicle which makes a huge game viewing difference in my view.

South Africa
reviews: 14
6. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

I agree with most of the above suggestions. The only issue I have with Exeter is that it does not have its own exclusive traversing area, but shares with many other lodges in the western sector, which can sometimes lead to a bit of crowding or queueing for prime sightings. My top 3 choices would be Lion Sands Ivory Lodge, Londolozi Granite Suites and perhaps Singita Boulders. And for a group of 6 or 8 people, consider 1933 at Lion Sands.

Onne from Wild Wings Safaris

7. Re: Very best lodge in Sabi Sands regardless of price?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park