We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Which Kruger National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cumbria
reviews: 1
Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Hi,

i am looking to book the Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour through STA travel. i cant find any reviews from the tour on the internet so has anyone been on it before that has any advice?

i am in my early 20's and travelling alone, this is the first time i have done anything like this so i would appreciate any advice from anyone please??

The tour with flights will cost me roughly 1300 (GBP) is this a reasonable price? i am looking to go in early october, is this a good time to go?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions,

Sam

Naracoorte
reviews: 14
1. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

I haven't done the tour but for the price I assume it is an overland camping group tour? You should have a lot of fun. It may be a bit hectic covering a lot of ground but you will see and experience some amazing things. October is excellent game viewing time. It will be hot so pack accordingly. Not such a good time for Victoria Falls from the perspective that there will be less volume of water coming over the falls at that time of year but it is still well worthwhile and lots of other great experiences to be had in the area. We have travelled a lot in southern Africa and observed many group tours on the way. I think if you go with attitude to pitch in and 'go with the flow' you will have a great trip.

Edited: 4:10 pm, March 07, 2013
cumbria
2. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

yes it is an overland camping tour, yeah i am completely open minded about the tour but just looking for advice as i have no idea what to expect, which is a good thing in many ways! lol thanks for the advice, what would you recommend in the victoria falls area? i have seen 3 things i would like to do but dont think i will have enough time for them all.. the three are walking with lions, the bungee jump, and devils pool. have you done/recommend any of these?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,869
3. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Hiya Sam,

Sounds like a fun trip you are lining up. For you Vic Falls questions, might be useful to post directly to that forum so the local experts and regular visitors there can offer you their thoughts. Here is the link if interested.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293761-i9853-Vict…

Have a great trip to Southern Africa

Boston...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Hi Sam,

Your trip sounds like a lot of fun...made better by the fact that you are open and clear about what comes.

Be careful...you are going to be hooked :) And there is no antidote for that.

Safe travels and do let us know how it all panned out.

My apologies for not coming up any brilliant suggestions....I merely wanted to offer encouragement.

Cheers,

Heeten

cumbria
5. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah i definintely am going to get addicted, i have been looking at other trips and places for next year and it is no where near october yet!!

i have posted in the Vic falls forum now thanks for sharing the link!

Sam

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,869
6. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Here you go, Sam. To help push your addiction, I'm sending you some pictures of leopards, wild dogs and lions spotted on the Gomo Gomo game drive a couple mornings ago....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Here are some more leopard pics we took there during the summer of 2012. We threw a couple cheetah shots in as well for fun. Have a look if interested.

pinterest.com/BradJillTA/…

God luck with the trip planning. Hard to imagine anyone not falling in love with safari experiences in South Africa.

Perth, Western...
7. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

Hi Sam,

My wife and I are doing the same tour through STA but during January 2014. We are extremely excited and are hoping to get and experience of a life time. I'm also hoping to do devils pool but might miss out due to it being raining season.

8. Re: Kruger, falls and zimbabwe tour.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park