We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

Warsaw, Poland
reviews: 3
Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

Hi All,

I am looking for a hotel recommendation for 2 nights for blyde river/panorama route, close enough to the airport as i will be leaving in the morning c.a. 10 A.M.

I will be staying around kruger park for 2 nights and after that i would like to see the blyde river/panorama route.

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
reviews: 67
1. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

Obviously, White River would be the perfect choice locationwise, however, if an absolute stunning guest house is more imortant to you than driving time, I would recommend Utopia in Africa in Nelspruit. The best B&B I've stayed in South Africa, and I am picky. However, I have not visited every guesthouse along the Panorama Route, there are just too many teriffic options.

Edited: 11:34 am, December 27, 2012
Hazyview, South...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

For the Blyde River Canyon, Hazyview or Graskop would be the best choice IMHO. From Hazyview you are in 30 km at Graskop, start of the Panorama Route with all the sightseeing spots. From Hazyview to MQP is app. 50 to max 60 minutes drive.

With White River and Nelspruit your are closer to the airport (maybe half an hour drive) but therefore app 1 to 1.5 hours drive from the Blyde River Canyon.

Hazyview is closest to the KNP gates as well (Phabeni gate being just 8 km out of Hazyview, or Numbi and Kruger Gate), some of the best restaurants and activities from A-Z.

Klaus

-Owner Abangane-

Hazyview

Edited: 3:51 pm, December 27, 2012
SOUTH AFRICA
3. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

My vote would go to Hazyview. Klaus has already given you great advice, and I can only highly recommend his establishment in Hazyview.

www.abangane.com

Beautiful location, well priced and the best hosts!

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Boston...
4. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

Hi Adam,

Hazyview offers many options for the trip you are making.

Where in Kruger will you stay?

You may want to consider spending your 4 nights in a place like Hazyview where you can access Kruger and the Panorama Route -- and still be close enough to the airport.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Heeten, Owner, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge

Warsaw, Poland
5. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

I was thinking about staying at Berg en Dal.

Boston...
6. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

Berg-en-dal is a nice small camp. People report decent sightings in the area. The guides there are very good so talk to them about what they have seen in the area.

You may want to consider driving the S25 (Crocodile River Road) and up to the Lower Sabie area for one of your days. Buy the Kruger Map when you enter the gate and you will have made a good, new friend in this handy map.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Heeten, Owner, Swagat at Kruger Park Lodge

Warsaw, Poland
7. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

thanks a lot for your help

8. Re: Hotel recommendation for Blyde/Nelspruit Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 04, 2014