We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Leadwood to Nelspruit/Kruger Airport

Pennsylvania, USA
reviews: 1
Driving from Leadwood to Nelspruit/Kruger Airport

If I leave Exeter Leadwood after breakfast, enter Paul Kruger gate and exit Berg en dal gate, driving to the airport at a fairly leisurely pace, would I be able to make a 1530 flight? Does anyone know about how long this would take?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
1. Re: Driving from Leadwood to Nelspruit/Kruger Airport

I presume you mean to leave through Malelane Gate (near Berg en dal) and that your flight time is 1530 with check in for 1430 ?

Not sure how long it would take from Exeter Leadwood to Paul Kruger Gate - From Paul Kruger Gate to Malelane Gate is about 75 km. Bear in mind the speed limit and the temptation to stop and view animals! probably 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Malelane Gate to Kruger Mpumalanga Int. Airport about 95 km. The N4 is generally a good road as far as Nelspruit but then you could be slow getting through Nelspruit. I think if I had to catch a plane I would certainly allow 4 hours from Paul Kruger Gate to KMIA plus your time from Exeter to PK Gate. So with an early breakfast it would certainly be possible.

Hope this info helps you, enjoy Kruger.

SA
2. Re: Driving from Leadwood to Nelspruit/Kruger Airport

Remember that if you still want to have your last game drive at Leadwood the morning of depature, you will only have breakfast thereafter and leave the lodge by about 10 am earliest. Fom there to get into Kruger at Kruger Gate should take an hour at the most.

If you do want to do this, rather do not go out at Malelane Gate. You will NOT make it to the airport on time.

You could consider still doing a drive in Kruger by quickly stopping at Skukuza and then driving towards Pretoriuskop restcamp and exiting at Numbi Gate. From Kruger Gate via Skukuza to Numbi Gate is about 70km, which should take you 2-3 hours, with stops.

From Numbi GAte to KMI Airport is about 45 km, which should take 30 minutes.

So you will be cutting it a bit fine but if you don't linger in Kruger too much and cut the time from Skukuza to Numbi down to 2 hours you'll make it OK!

3. Re: Driving from Leadwood to Nelspruit/Kruger Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 01, 2009