We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University KZN - July to Nov.

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey, USA
reviews: 1
University KZN - July to Nov.

Starting in July I will be spending one whole semester at the University of KwaZulu-Nata, Howard Campus. I am somewhat concerned with the post I have seen concerning the area of the university and wish to know much more about the area and also how much money to bring for 4 months (to accommodate food, shopping and personal items). I am staying on the Howard College campus if that makes a difference and is located (so im told) very close to the beach, unlike the other part of campus which is located more inland. I am looking for nice places to eat, fancy with fantastic food for me and my finace (who will be joining me for a few weeks). I am also looking for a lot of things to do from traditional ceremonies to wild adventures!

Please supply all the information you want, I am eager to learn about the area I will be living in. Its very far from home and I would hate for something to happen, so warn me first!

Auckland, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: University KZN - July to Nov.

Hi

I am afraid that I can't comment on Howard Campus but my first comment would be to go and see if it is what you like and if not there are plenty of other options that you can try - ie shared accomodation B&B's self catering etc. - just pick up the ;local news paper and look in the classifieds.

I think that if you are coming from USA you will find SA quite cheep, Durban has many many resturants some good and others not so good but ask around and you will soon find the right ones for you.

About your safety - just be very aware on what is going on around you , don't walk in doggy looking areas and DON'T walk around with lots of jewelery on you that invite people to mug you.

I am sure that you will have the time of your life here as Durban is such a great place - enjoy.

If you need to know any specifics please ask.

2. Re: University KZN - July to Nov.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, September 04, 2009