We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Which Kingman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Hague, The...
reviews: 13
Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Hi,

I am looking for a campground for tentcamping near Kingman. Hualapai mountain park seems the most scenic place in the area but i cant find if they also do tent camping...

Does anyone happen to know the place??

Cheers!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 55
1. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

There appears on the Hualapai Mtn. Park site,to be RV and "dry camping" ... See if the site on Google, gives you any help... carracar

Homewood, Illinois
reviews: 15
2. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

We've been thru the park in the winter. It did appear that there were tent sites in addition to RV sites and cabins. There are also some campgrounds toward Yucca.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
3. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Why do you want to camp at Kingman? And what time of year?

The Hague, The...
4. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

We're starting a roadtrip in Vegas this summer and don't want to drive to long on the first day so we can acclimatize and sleep off the jetlag....So i figured that on route to Sedona, Kingman is the first place to stop get supplies and so on...

But it is only a one night stay and not in Kingman itself but somewhere close by.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
reviews: 55
5. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

The seasonal heat, will probably drive you into a motel to get that needed sleep ! carracar

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
6. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

The day after the flight you''ll be up very early (maybe already by 5 am). Kingman is very close to Las Vegas. Just see how you feel and maybe even reach Sedona that day. For us, driving some 5 hours first day is best to cope with our jetlag but we all are different of course...

Tet

tucson az
Destination Expert
7. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Are you planning to camp at Sedona as well? It's probably the most popular place to camp in Arizona. Some campgrounds might be in the national recreation database but I'm pretty sure most are first come first served. Don't arrive on a weekend. I think dispersed camping has been eliminated except in the National Forest areas to the east of Sedona, which are not easy to reach as the road is very rough.

Edited: 6:12 pm, January 04, 2013
tucson az
Destination Expert
8. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Hualapai Mountain Park is a county park, and it is about 15 miles from Kingman on secondary roads.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
9. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

Dispersed camping in Dutch is "wildkamperen"

The Hague, The...
10. Re: Kingman/Hualapai mountain park

@Bob.B

Yes , i'm making sure i've got reservations for Sedona.

Thnx.

Edited: 3:48 am, January 06, 2013