We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which of these is the best choice?

Which Sandton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
2 posts
1 review
Which of these is the best choice?

Hi TripAdvisor users,

I'll be taking a trip up to Sandton in September and a friend has recommended using one of the EAHS venues for my stay - thing is, there are 5! (20 West, Esprit, Hydro, Moloko and Villa - http://eahs.co.za/establishments) I was hoping of starting a bit of a chat regarding which one to choose? I'm going up for business but luxury is never a bad thing. Anyone stayed at one or more of these venues and would recommend one more so than the rest?

Would appreciate the feedback!

Warm regards,

Christopher E

Edited: 8:35 am, July 30, 2013
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
677 posts
1. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

Hi Christopher,

I can't help you specifically with any of these, but why don't you take a look at TA reviews of these hotels, if there are? This should give you some idea of which is the right one for you.

Brett | Owner | Safaris For Me | South Africa

Ficksburg, South...
Level Contributor
758 posts
108 reviews
2. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

Sorry- Don't know any of theses. Have a look at www.safarinow.com for loads of other options.

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
564 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

Esprit is a residential estate in Wendywood. It's a bit of a drive out of the Sandton area. And not much around it.

Moloko is a nice boutique hotel very close to Sandton. Little nicer looking complex than 20 West.

20 West is a large apartment block also close to Sandton. It's very popular with business people on a longish term, who want more of an apartment feel than a hotel.

Hydro is like 20 West. Slightly newer building, fewer apartments.

I haven't been inside Villa. But I know it has a slightly better location. You can walk to Gautrain and to Sandton City mall.

Edited: 7:01 am, August 01, 2013
Randburg, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
907 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

Hi Christopher, 21 West is nice, upmarket, and actually not inside the main CBD, just a block away from the Parkmore Shopping Centre, so easy walking distance to supermarkets, nice coffee shops, restaurants and 2 or 3 blocks up to the main Sandton shopping Centre. So well situated.

Lyn - Owner - Thorntree Tours and Safaris

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
267 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

We've stayed in 20West two years ago and liked it a lot. Location, security, amenities (gym/fitness center, pool) and service were top notch. Since then they've added an onsite restaurant, so now full service. Only complaint was slow (and fairly pricey wifi) but apparently that has been fixed too.

We're planning another 2 weeks in Oct and have been advised to try Moloko ... apparently more 'boutique' and less business oriented (we're visiting with dual purpose, business and leisure 50/50), with more space and more relaxation, i.e. spa etc. Also free shuttle to surrounding area. So at this moment I can vouch for 20West (I have written a review a couple of yrs back); and will write a review as soon as we're back from Moloko in Oct. Good luck on choosing which one to stay at - remember to write a review after.

6. Re: Which of these is the best choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 16, 2014