We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 19
Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

Hi everyone,

We'll be arriving in Johannesburg from Sydney and connecting to Cape Town with BA.

Does anyone know

a) can we access JNB BA lounges at arrival or are we forced to go to customs after landing?

b) what are the Oneworld lounge options for domestic passengers? We are emerald&sapphire.

Cheers

Sam

Melbourne, Australia
1. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

There should be no problem for a OW Emerald to access the JNB lounge and he/she would be able to "guest" the other pax into the lounge. I have no experience of the lounges at JNB so can't comment on whether they'd be worth the effort. I imagine you would have to go through Customs in JNB but once through you should be able to access the lounge if you want.

I'm sure you could get all the info you need from the australianfrequentflyer.com.au - joining is free and their website is full of the type of info you're after.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
2. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

After 9/11, the world brought in all the regulations about arriving and departing passengers not mingling, once through security. So my guess for a) is 'no' you wouldn't be able to access the international departure lounge lounge.

Edited: 7:56 am, March 27, 2014
Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 96
3. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

a) yes you will be forced to go through customs as it is your first point of entry into South Africa. You will then need to go to the Domestic terminal (same building) for your flight to Cape Town.

b) in the domestic terminal you should have access to the Slow Lounge: slowlounge.co.za/british-airways-lounge-acce…

West Hollywood...
4. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

Andrew,

My wife tells me we have access to the BIDVEST PREMIER LOUNGE, MASHONZHA LOUNGE and the SHONGOLOLO LOUNGE – do you have a preference?

~Lucky Chucky

West Hollywood...
5. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

Andrew, any thoughts about my question above?

Helsinki, Finland
6. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

Shongololo was voted as the best African lounge or something similar short while ago. But it's also open for any paying customer, so might not be as peaceful as the airline lounges.

7. Re: Oneworld lounges in JNB when connecting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 10, 2015