We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
Airport Transfer

I am in the process of planning a honeymoon from New York to Mauritius and ending with a safari in Sabi Sands. Our current flight plan has us arriving from Mauritius into Johannesburg at 11:50am. The flight to Skukuza is at 1:20pm. This gives us 90 minutes to transfer. Will we have enough time to get through? Our travel agent has told us we need at least 3 hours to get through. Her option was to fly to Nelspruit then drive 2.5 hours to our lodge, or spend a night in Johannesburg. I have seen that the flight from Mauritius regularly arrives 15 minutes early, but we can't rely on that. I have also reached out to BidAir to see if their services might be able to help. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Airport Transfer

I think that connection is a bit tight and might have you on edge the whole time worrying whether you'll make it or not. You can do as your agent suggests and fly into MQP followed by the drive to your lodge. The problem is that you might miss or have a shortened pm game drive. I'd suggest spending a night near JNB then heading to your lodge the next day. You'll be much more relaxed during your flight fron Mauritius and you can spend a quiet afternoon and evening at your hotel resting up for your safari.

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 92
2. Re: Airport Transfer

I'd suggest a night in Joburg. You don't want to be rushing about on your honeymoon! And given the time you are landing (and assuming the Skukuza is at the same time the next day), you would have some time to see a little bit of Joburg, have a nice dinner etc.

South Africa
reviews: 67
3. Re: Airport Transfer

Indeed 90 min. Is too short! Stay over the night and do the HOHO to see the city.

Reply to: Airport Transfer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted