We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

I am flying in to Terminal A from London, UK at 9.40am I'm thinking to purchase a flight to Victoria Falls, which flies out at 11:25 am that same day from Terminal B.

I would like to know if I will have enough time to collect my bag, get to the other terminal and check in? Flying with British Airways.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you

27 replies to this topic
Cape Town
1. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

No problems at all. Terms A & B are part of the same building.

If both flights are BA (even if different tickets) then just check all the way through in London. Now your bags will be transferred automatically. You also don't have to enter South Africa through Immigration. Just follow International Transit.

Should take no more than half an hour.

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 129
2. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

V de C. What's the procedure at JNB when transferring from BA to Comair, but onto an internal flight to PE? We'll be doing that on our vacation after the CPT trip in March & I'm not sure which Comair flight to book.

vancouver
3. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

thank you

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 51
4. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Nicmeljones - just something to consider - we didn't fly Comair, but our SAA internal flight was affected by "thunderstorms" around Joburg and we ended up missing our international flight out of Joburg. Also if you have to get seats allocated etc, on our arrival at Joburg, we had lengthy delays at Kenyan airlines check-in. So I guess my warning is, leave plenty of time between any connecting flights. If you have to queue for any reason, the queues move verrry slowly.

Fordingbridge...
5. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Thanks Gblyn, I know exactly what you mean about those slow moving queues!! Just like the ones at immigration.

On our homeward journey we always allow at least 5 hours at JNB for such eventualities.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
reviews: 13
6. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Hi guys,

We have a flight reaching JNB from Mumbai around 7.30 a.m. and have a connecting flight to Nelspruit (MQP) at 9 a.m. . Both the flights are via south african airways. Just that both the flights are from different terminals. Wanted to ask if one and a half hours is sufficient to make it on time for the next flight?

will we need to get our luggages collected and re check in or once is enough ?

Thanks

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 16
7. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Have a flight from LHR - JNB - CPT. (SAA)

Do we need to collect bags in JNB and go through customs/immigtation, or are we able to go through transit and do all this si CPT?

We were told by someone that we need collect luggage and immigration at JNB and then check in for domestic flight. Is this correct? Flying SAA.

Thanks

Kent
8. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Hi Tom190511

We are doing the same route as you next February. Any advise re luggage, immigration etc appreciated or do we just fly through!

Fordingbridge...
9. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Yes, you have to clear immigration & customs & transfer from terminal A to B to connect with your domestic flight. I'm still amazed that the SA national carrier no longer flies direct from LHR to CPT. That's why we always fly BA.

London, United...
10. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Hi! I am doing the same flight from heathrow to jo'burg to capt town, with 2 children! Please say that I can send my luggage straight through to cape town?! Flying with SAA on both flights!

Reply to: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted