We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
reviews: 7
Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

I am looking at the Don Sandton hotels in Johannesburg as a possibility for a family of three -- couple plus teen age son. On a mission budget.

Any input on the Don Sandton hotels -- particularly Don Sandton III?

Thanks,

Diane in KC

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
reviews: 43
1. Re: Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

This chain uses converted apartment buildings for its properties - for the most part. The Don Sandton III is well located and, if you have a car, a good base for your time in Johannesburg.

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 118
2. Re: Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

Hi

I have stayed at a Don near Wanderes and it was a small apartment. It is not that easy to get around Joburg so I would recommend a car...get a GPS and you'll find that it is not that much of a problem :-) Here is my Joburg trip report from a couple of years back gardkarlsen.com/johannesburg_south_africa_20… . Hope that you can find some useful info there. I came back from Joburg just a couple of days ago...I spent 3 weeks in South Africa visiting the family :-)

Regards

Gard

Kansas City...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

Thanks for the input. I lived 2 years in CPT, but spent only "touring" time in Jo'berg with a fried.

Diane in Kansas City, MO

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 78
4. Re: Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

Clean, good value, well situated provided you have your own car - breakfasts very nice. At that price you can't go wrong. Standard - one could say like a small Holiday Inn in the States.

5. Re: Don Sandton Hotels Jo'berg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 24, 2009