We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
reviews: 1
Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

Hello!

If I am traveling alone to South Africa, what is the SAFEST form of travel from the airport to my hotel.

I will be attending a conference while there, so what is the SAFEST form of travel around town? Are taxis safe, or should I arrange all transportation through the hotel?

What are the safest areas of JoBurg to occupy alone?

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Auckland, New...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

Hi

If I were you I would ask the hotel if they can provide you a pick up service for you to and from the airport - most good hotels will do this.

Once you are there ask from the front desk if they will get you a taxi if required and please note that most taxi operators are very safe so you should not have any problems.

Enjoy

London
2. Re: Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

Give Protea Hotel Gold Reef City a call or email. They will be able to assist with your request for safe transport to the hotel. Speak to Grace in reservations. She is very helpful

Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

Hi TD, I have jsut returned from South Africa , spending most of my time in JBurg alone. We stayed at the newly opened Oaisis Guest House which was fantastic , reasonably priced and in a safe location (Rivonia) and found via them a great driver who took me around to all the sights including Soweto. He always arrived on time, was polite and knowledgable. If you would like his number I would be happy to pass it on . Have a great trip ! Cheers L

4. Re: Safest Travel from Airport and Around JoBurg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 28, 2009