We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin/whale watching trip

Which Plettenberg Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Dolphin/whale watching trip

Hi all.. I am travelling to SA in May 2014. Though i know it is not whale season, since id stay in Plett during my Garden route trip; I would like to go on a Dolphin/whale watching trip. However, i have a 2 year old kid. Kindly suggest any operators with big boats that permit kids on board.

Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 71
1. Re: Dolphin/whale watching trip

Hi,

You can contact operators and confirm with them if they allow child..

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g312558-d11…

I had done shark cage diving, but I don't know if it would be feasible with 2 year old.

If you want any other help, you can pm me.

New Delhi, India
2. Re: Dolphin/whale watching trip

Thnx a lot. I have put in an inquiry with them.

The Netherlands
reviews: 53
3. Re: Dolphin/whale watching trip

If you stop by Gansbaai (2 hour drive from Cape Town) you can go both shark cage diving and whale watching in the same town. Check out Dyer Island Cruises (www.whalewatchsa.com) and Marine Dynamics shark tours (www.sharkwatchsa.com) - have the same owner and both allow children onboard (pending weather conditions).

Have fun!

Michelle

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Kruger National Park
reviews: 22
4. Re: Dolphin/whale watching trip

Hi Michelle

I presume you are connected with the companies recommended so would be interested in your thoughts on a two year old on board. I certainly would have felt sorry for any child that age on the dive trip we went on.

New Delhi, India
5. Re: Dolphin/whale watching trip

i know... thats why i have no plans for shark cage diving or long excursions.... however, i was thinking about 1-1.5 hr trips on large boats with some chance of marine life viewing that can be comfortable for the kiddo as well. request for suggestions.

Thanks

Reply to: Dolphin/whale watching trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted