We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Jerome with kids?

Which Jerome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 15
What to do in Jerome with kids?

We'll be staying in Sedona at the end of March and will use it as our "base camp" for day trips.....so I am thinking that the town of Jerome sounds like a fun place to go for the day but I am wondering what exactly there is to do with two little girls (8 & 10) So far I have come up with a visit to Jerome Historic State Park...but what else? Also, where would be a good place to eat with kids that is not chain....looking for something unique to the area, better than fast food but not fancy fine dining. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 11
1. Re: What to do in Jerome with kids?

Take them to Nelly Bly's, a kaleidoscope shop. Thousands to look at and choose from.

http://nellieblyscopes.com/

For lunch, the Haunted Hamburger.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
reviews: 14
2. Re: What to do in Jerome with kids?

Mimimom--younger kids who visit us always love the several rock shops, Raspberry jewelry store and the Gold King Mine (outside of town, a few animals to feed and bunch of derelict buildings and vehicles). Nellie Bly, as mentioned by MikePin, is great and they have lower end stuff suitable for kids. There is another museum right downtown, the Jerome Mine Museum, that has a re-created mine tunnel.

As far as food goes, there are no chains in Jerome, so you are safe! Besides the Haunted Hamburger, you can eat at Quince (northern New Mexican), Mile High Grill (soup, burgers, salads) , Grapes (personal pizzas, pasta) or BobbyD's (BBQ).

have fun!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 144
3. Re: What to do in Jerome with kids?

Good advice so far. At Jerome the focus is on history. The museums are excellent places to start. Then the shops and buildings reinforce the old times. The best hands on experiences are at the Gold King Ghost Town. It's like nothing you can imagine. Don't try to anticipate.

There are no chain restaurants in Sedona or Jerome. That's part of the charm of both places.

Reply to: What to do in Jerome with kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations