We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Jerome

Which Jerome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
202 posts
53 reviews
Weekend in Jerome

Planning to visit Jerome this Friday/Saturday/Sunday for an impromptu weekend.

Just wondering what might be suggested in the form of restaurants, hikes or general stuff to do. We love to try to new bars & eats, medium to difficult, degree of difficulty hiking and live music. Anything historical would be a plus.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
44,914 posts
154 reviews
1. Re: Weekend in Jerome

Jerome is an historic place to be sure. Spend some time at the mining museum to get an accurate overview of what took place there a century and a half ago. Take some time to wander around the GoldMine Ghost Town. There you'll find an eclectic collection of old cars, trucks, buildings, tools and other amazing items.

Lots of great eateries in Jerome. I'd choose Asylum and Quinze for dinners.

Not much in the way of hiking other than walking and wandering in and around town. But the elevation and steep hillside will certainly give you a workout.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
202 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Weekend in Jerome

Thanks RR, appreciate the info and I always enjoy reading your posts.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
Level Contributor
194 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Weekend in Jerome

Jerome has 3 different museums, each with a different area of coverage. I'd head over to Jerome State Historic Park first--either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning--since you were asking about hiking, it's a nice walk from the main part of town BUT steep on the way back up--ask where ever you are staying for directions to walk the back way down UVX road.

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/JERO/index.html It is the most complete of the 3 (former mine owners adobe mansion) also check out the glassed-over mine shaft at the Audrey Headframe Park right next to the mansion.

The other two museums feature a recreated mine tunnel (Jerome Mine Museum) and early automotive history (the New State Motor Company )-- both of these are located downtown and are easy to catch while you are browsing the shops.

There is a self guided walking tour pamphlet you can pick up at several places around town.

Live Music will mostly be at 1) the Spirit Room, 2) Mile High Grill 3) Quince or 4) BobbyD's BBQ. Fridays and Saturdays usually. Try Paul & Jerry's for locals and pool.

This weekend the Humane Society is having their fund raiser Flea Market, they always have a fun selection of used goods! It is at "Spook Hall" downtown.

Make sure you find a quiet spot and just enjoy the view....

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
202 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Weekend in Jerome

Great ideas GTT, thanks.

5. Re: Weekend in Jerome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, January 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Jerome
Recent Conversations