We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day to visit Jerome?

Which Jerome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 1
Best day to visit Jerome?

Doing a day trip soon with the family including a 14 year old girl and a 70 something grandmother, our choices are Saturday, Sunday or Monday. What would be the best day to visit? Is it too crowded on the weekend? Is it too quiet on Monday? Are the shops closed on Sunday? We visited last year and had no idea what to expect, so we got there after most of the shops were closed. I'm excited to be able to really enjoy our visit this time!

10 replies to this topic
Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

All shops will be open Saturday and Sunday. Some shops are closed Mon/Tuesday. The weekends will be pretty busy, Monday somewhat less. Most shops open between 10 and 11. If it was me, I'd try for Sunday.

The Jerome Historic State Park opens at 8:30 am daily, so I often recommend it as a first stop on your way into town so you can get the flavor of the area. $5 each admission. http://azstateparks.com/parks/jero/index.html It's not a big museum, easy to spend an hour or so and move on.

The teen girls that visit me like these stores 1) Raspberry for jewelry, 2) Magdalena's Bazaar for a mix of room decor and clothing, 3) Retro Roadrunner for vintage and other re-sale clothing 4) Magpie for clothing

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
reviews: 58
2. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

From where will you be traveling to Jerome? IMO weekends are best as some of the stores are closed during the week. Time your visit for late morning, lunch, and then early afternoon. I believe shops are open on Sunday.

Chicago
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

We are staying in Sedona. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Little Rock...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

My question is a little different. Late October/early November: Which days are more shops likely to be open: Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

TIA

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 119
5. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

Many shops still choose to close on Mon/Tue.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
6. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

Hi John....Late October is still high season for Jerome--I think we have events every weekend in October. Most stores will be open all three days M, Tues, Weds. Tuesday is probably the slowest day. There are a couple of stores that are only open Thursday-Sunday or Monday, but really, there will be plenty of places open. Just note that most places won't open until 10-11.

Have fun!

Edited: 1:49 pm, August 30, 2012
Little Rock...
reviews: 35
7. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

Thanks again you two!

We began the 2 months until..... count down this past week. Trying to formulate an itinerary for the trip. Only going to have one shot at Jerome and want to make the most of it.

upper sandusky, ohio
reviews: 9
8. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

Well I sure am glad you posted this. We were planning on a stop in Jerome on a Tuesday because of all the various unique shops there. Now I guess we will go on Sunday afternoon. We have a pink jeep tour in Sedona on Sunday so after that we will head to Jerome. Going to GCanyon on Monday, so we will shop Tuesday in Sedona before heading back to Phoenix. Thanks for posting

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 3
9. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

Hello! Is it possible to take cabs to/from Jerome and Cottonwood? Need to be in Jerome, but considering staying in Cottonwood. Alcohol will likely be involved so I don't want to drive.

Jerome, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Jerome
10. Re: Best day to visit Jerome?

People take taxis to/from Jerome on a regular basis. It's about 9 miles. I'd ask where ever you are staying for a recommendation. Thanks for being responsible. Jerome also has a variety of lodging options, from historic hotel rooms to higher end B&B style. Check out the Connor Hotel, Mile High Inn or Surgeon's House.

http://connorhotel.com/new/

http://www.milehighgrillandinn.com

http://www.surgeonshouse.com

Reply to: Best day to visit Jerome?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted